Monday, January 13, 2014

Family Baptisms


We finally got the little kids baptized. We love our church here and felt it was the right time to get them baptized with Father Scott. He is so great and personable and does a good job with the kids. They really like him so I didn't have too many worries about them being scared or not participating.

Georgia Zeh, Hayes Bryant and Sidney Rose were baptized on Sunday, January 12, 2014 at St. Albans church. It was a lovely sermon about encouragement and the baptism went really well. The kids were good during the sermon and when it was our turn to go up front and start the ceremony they hopped right up and stood there like big kids. Sidney was a little squirmy but never cried or whined.

We went through the pledges then proceeded to the back of the church for the water and blessings. I am so thankful Sam was able to take some pictures of the kids and the ceremony since I didn't have my phone or my camera handy.

Georgia's godparents are Jeffrey & Natalie Stevens.
Hayes' godparents are Tony & Brandi Listi.
Sidney's godparents are Michael and Rachel Stevens. Emmaline was asked to help Father Scott pour the water and Georgia went first. She was so cute and just smiled! Hayes was next, and he was my wild card as I don't always know what he is going to do or how he will react. But he did great too. Then it was Sidney's turn. Father Scott took her in his arms and baptized her and she was smiling and grabbing at his glasses. Then he made the sign of the cross on each of their foreheads and said some lovely blessings on them and our family.
It was a special ceremony and Father Scott even joked at the end that Daniel and I would be hosting parenting classes because the kids were all behaved so nicely! I never get tired of hearing that, especially since that isn't always the case! One thing I want to note is that whenever we take the kids up to the altar for communion, Father Scott will do the sign of the cross on the kids foreheads and say, "...always remember you are God's dream come true..." I loved that from the moment I heard it...and I know just how He feels!

After church we had a nice lunch and cake at La Playa with our family. It was a special day and I am so proud of our children! Thank you to my parents and Sam and Juliette for coming and supporting the kids. Also, thank you for the beautiful crosses for them as well, Juliette and Sam.

No comments: