Thursday, April 17, 2008

A cheap lesson..

It was 10:30 at night, I was about to change to my pajamas and was drying my hands off from the bathroom... then I felt it.. or I guess the lack of it...

my Aggie ring was gone!

I quickly checked and thankfully my wedding ring was there..

I panic and then comes that horrible feeling you get in the pit of your stomach

I tell Daniel I can't find it and turn on the light and start to search the floor.. in the bedroom, bathroom, living room, kitchen, shower, car.. wherever I had been in the last few hours..

It was Easter weekend and Daniel's mom was in town.. she starts to help me retrace my steps..
unfortunately it was dark outside and we had done a lot that day.. the weather was beautful! She had even babysat while we drove an hour to Hattiesburg to have a nice, quiet dinner alone!!
I then remember regrettably having washed my hands in the bathroom at the restaurant.. I called the restaurant; they were already closed.

So I went to bed frustrated and trying to think or to not think.. trying to get some sleep! The next day was Sunday and a big one for Emma! I needed rest!

Woke up still frustrated.. called the restaurant, no ring.
We had gone to the town's Easter egg hunt the day before.. it was a huge to do and tons of people were there! That was the other main place we had been..but it was early in the morning and I just knew I would have noticed it earlier if I had lost if earlier..

My rings had been really loose lately, not sure why, but they just slip on and off easily.. but I had become careless because nothing had happened to date!!

Weeks went by and I did nothing, nothing to do or so I thought..
My parents came to visit and I finally told them. My mom said I should go to the place where the egg hunt was and look, but I told her it was a indoor closed facility..
Well, she and my dad went to City Hall to ask around, without me knowing.. they came home a while later..

They had found my ring!!!!!!!!!!!! A man had cleaned up the area and actually found it! He had given it to one of the ladies there and she had it!!!

Or.. she had it at one time.. now she couldn't find it!! WHAT?!?

Talk about bringing my hopes up and then dashing them!
So she claims to have put it on her finger then she did the dishes and can't find it?? I later called to identify the ring and tell them I would give a reward of $50 if it is found Again!!! She told me not to worry about a reward..

So more weeks go by and I hear nothing.. I decided to go to City Hall to remind them of how bad I want my ring back and then I was going to the pawn shop to check there..

Before I got in my car to leave.. the phone rings! It was the lady who lost my ring.. she had found it.. Finally!! I tell her how greatful I am and that I will be right there to pick it up.. I say I will stillpay the reward and she says "OK!"

Ok, so I give her $50. She takes it with a smile.. kindof made me mad, but I guess it was a cheap lesson and could have been worse! Now I just got to think of a way to keep it on my finger!!

Enough.. here are some recent pics..
We are off to the beach this weekend.. I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



my good friend, Pauline turned 28!!


her son Trey playing baseball



We had some good friends come visit us from Arkansas.. Derek & Alana!

3 comments:

Lindsey: Mama of Andrew, Adam, and Ally said...

Oh my goodness! So glad you got it back!

The Harms said...

Oh my gosh, how stressful! I am sooo glad you got it back. I remember when you guys thought you lost Daniels haha... oh, sorry for bringing that up :-P So hurry up and find out what that baby is already!

BO FO MO and Baby OO said...

I am so glad that you found it. I know that must have been so awful!!