Monday, July 21, 2008

3's company

We have been back in MS for a little over a week and we have had visitors constantly and it isn't going to stop. Don't get me wrong, we prefer to have company here. It makes the days go by faster and to me the normal mundane things to do are a lot more fun to share with others!
Maggie, my parents' dog, came back to stay with us for a while. She is actually Dixie and Gauge's baby! She looks so much like Dixie when she was younger.. I keep getting them mixed up.
Aunt Jennie came to stay for a few days with her 2 dogs too. We rode around in the Jeep and saw the land where it had been burned and the rodes were made.
Daniel and my dad are so excited about this and really geared up for hunting season. They have been putting cameras out constantly and have gotten some great shots of bucks!
We also made lots of homemade strawberry fig jam. It is a lot easier than I thought. So if you love jam, then comment me and I will bring you a jar to try! It is really cute to watch Emma and the dogs eat the figs right off the tree.. all day long!

We also went to see our cousins log cabin they made. It is really awesome and they have filled it with all these antiques. I really want to take Emma there for a photo shoot with some of the neat older items.

And we went fishing on Lake Jennie and Daniel caught a pretty good sized fish! It was the first that Emma saw and she was pretty amazed.
Daniel's dad just arrived today for a short stay. He makes the best spaghetti so we ate way too much tonight. My parents will be here this Thursday with Brett Tyler and we are planning on going to the Neshoba County Fair "Mississippi's Giant House Party". Then back to Texas for another wedding and a dr. visit!!

A picture of our new tomato plant that we didn't even mean to plant..it grew because we spilt a huge bowl of homemade pico a few months back. I just wish all the ingredients had grown in one place! It has about 8 on it so far!

3 comments:

The Harms said...

I think your "Accidental Tomato plant" is hilarious. It may get mundane, but it seems like you really are able to focus on just being a mom and wife... Working in the city and a busy busy life is not the best way to nurture that in myself. I just think it's so neat how you guys have blueberries, land, a lake, etc. etc. all right there. Emma is a very lucky little girl. Anyway, bring me some jam!

Allison said...

Wow! Ya'll are busy. I'd love to try the jam..I'm impressed!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I planted 6 tomato plants on purpose and still no tomatos. Bring on the jam.

Pauline