Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Emma & Avery ~ sleep ~ Emma 2

Emma and I are here in CS for the final leg of this pregnancy. On our way, we stopped and stayed with our good friends, Amy, Avery & Mike. They live outside of Dallas and it was a nice pit stop for us! We had such a fun time.. the girls are finally old enough to "play" together and did pretty good. Avery is 6 months older than Emma, and it was fun to see where Emma may be in half a year. Avery was quite the talker and I actually think it helped Emma to talk or try to talk more. She has been repeating everything I say since we left!! It was pitiful that we didn't really do anything but hang out and catch up and let the girls play, but that is how Amy and I both are, so it was fun! We really appreciate them letting us crash at their home for 2 days and hope to see them again soon!

Emma has officially gone from 2 naps to 1.. a sad day, but sometimes she will sleep for 3 hours, so it is ok... I just don't know how it will be when the baby gets here. I sure like my sleep! She still sleeps well at night and has gone from going to bed at 8:30-9 to more like 7:45-8.. she is still so adaptable which is great when we do want to stay up later for whatever reason! She also has slept later, until 10:30 one morning. I finally went in to see if she was ok and she was just sitting in her bed chatting. Too sweet!
She has been so cute since she is expressing herself more. I asked her Monday if she was ready for bed and she quickly nodded her head yes, grabbed her blankets and started walking towards the stairs. Then, she started pointing at them when I wasn't moving fast enough. I followed her up the stairs and she walked directly to her bed and waited for me to pick her up.. It was so cute and sweet.. I love that she goes to sleep that easy and happy! It is like that about 98% of the time.

About Emma 2 (what Daniel calls the baby to be), I went to the dr. on Monday and I am 1 cm. dilated. He thinks she will be here around the same time that Emma came... a little after 38 weeks, which is the week of Sept. 8th, also, Daniel's b-day.
I have been having lots of contractions lately, which is good.. my parents are in Vegas right now, and last night I kindof thought I was going into labor. It was late and the contractions were not stopping and were pretty intense..the ones that remind me of real labor contractions. Noone was here but Emma and I and I just knew that would be my luck to go into labor, in the middle of the night, with noone around. Luckily I just ignored them and they went away, but it did make me excited to feel like I am that much closer to meeting this little girl!


they finally got brave and got in the Elmo sprinklerwatching Avery open her present..Avery's 2nd b-day is the 21st, when Emma 2 is due!!
there really is love there

No comments: