Thursday, November 19, 2009

BRECKENRIDGE, CO

Daniel and I, along with another couple, without all of our combined 4 children, headed on a last minute vacation to the mountains for some skiing and fun!our awesome friends, Leslie & Jason

I am still exhausted right now, but wanted to give a few highlights of the trip, before I forget it all!!

~ReDONKulous was the word of the trip, ex. "That slope was reDONKulous!"
~Dog the Bounty Hunter was there filming, with his whole entourage!!
~We had an episode of skis flying off the top of our Subaru and it was hilarious!
~The Steak & Rib has the best martini ever..caramel apple, and yes, it does taste just like one!
~We met some folks who were from Trinidad & Tobago, we think?!
~Our drinks of choice were martinis, mimosas, merlot & Miller Lite
~My skiing still leaves a lot to be desired but I do have mad "pizza" skills!~Gondolas are awesome and way warmer than a lift.
~I still hate ski boots and think it is more of a workout than a vacation.
~We found the cutest little homemade sewing shop..it has renewed my desire to learn how to sew fun things for my girls!
~My Thai is one of the best thai restaurants I have ever been to, ever!
~A trip without children is a true vacation, no matter what you are doing or where you are.With that last one being said, THANK YOU to the grandparents for watching the girls! And THANK YOU to our friends who invited us and made it so much fun!!

No comments: