Friday, May 18, 2012

Livin' the Dream ~ Mother's Day 2012

So this was my 6th Mother's Day. I was in College Station and left on Saturday after lunch and after getting my Mother's Day gift from my parents..a Kindle Fire
I am so excited to get back into reading and think it will be fun for the kids too! After a pretty quick drive, we arrived home from our vacation on Saturday night. Daniel had a yummy dinner ready to go.
We had hamburgers, hotdogs and fresh mojitos - the babies had milk, if you were wondering! There was also beautiful yellow tulips in one vase and wildflowers in another.
The next morning I actually got to sleep in with no interruptions!! Then about 9:30 Daniel and the kids came in saying, "Happiest Mother's Day" carrying homemade hot breakfast and a present. I ate chocolate chip pancakes dipped in strawberry compote with fresh fruit. I finally got to open my present..it was 2 really cute makeup/toiletry bags.
We had a wonderful day lounging in our pjs watching tv. We finally made our way outside and opened up our Bug & water baskets from the auction..it was too neat! So much stuff and the girls were constantly oohing and aahing at it. We opened up the slip n slide and had the best time.
The girls couldn't quite figure out the slide part so they wanted Daniel to throw them down it. It was hilarious watching them take turns having him slip them down the slide.
We grilled out for lunch and then put the kids down for nap. While they napped we layed on floats in the pool and just talked, listened to music and got a sunburn. It was a really great afternoon.
I have to say this was one of the best Mother's Day I have had, ranking right up there with my first. I truly feel so blessed and lucky and ever since we moved here, I just feel it so much more. I don't want to seem like I was unhappy in SA but it is just different here. Each weekend, we have the best time being together as a family.
So thankful for that!

No comments: