Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Big Deal Bike Rider

So my baby girl #1 has learned to ride a Big Girl Bike..not a Harley..a 2-wheeling-no-training-wheels-bike! She is hitting those milestones like crazy right now and I am so proud of her. I honestly didn't know if she was ready for it, but I think she rises to the occasion! My Big Girl!!
Emmaline is also hitting the corners well. Really it was remarkable how quickly she went from being satisfied on her bike to wanting to try no training wheels.
I read a blog or maybe saw on Pinterest..the key is, and I COMPLETELY am sold now, to take the pedals off after they get used to pedaling.
They coast around, on their own, for a few days, and BAM...done! She seriously took off just like that! And was successful! She is turning corners, stopping and starting all on her own and most importantly with confidence! Love it! And then she tells me she is "going to Kindergarten"..umm.sorry, we can't let you ride a bike there..but sweet thought! Ignore the annoying Mom in the background...just "GITT BAAACK!" and if you don't get that then I don't know how to help you! {I thought I could upload a video but can't figure it out now..will try later.}

No comments: