Wednesday, December 5, 2007

beautiful December days



We are having great weather here in MS.. it is a little warm, but it is so nice to be able to play outside! Today, when Emma wasn't napping we were outside, at the park swinging or by the pond walking through the woods! This weekend we are getting our tree and taking Christmas pictures.. I hope that we can get Emma to smile at the camera.. it is hard when noone is there to make her laugh!!



On a different note, Gauge, our black male lab had a seizure yesterday.. It lasted about 5 minutes.. that is about the 3rd one that we can recall so far.. This isn't new to me because my yellow lab, Pooh Bear, used to have them a lot. The vet would give him phenobarbitol, but it didn't really do much.. so we will just have to wait and see what happens with Gauge.. If anyone knows of anything more about these, please let me know.. I have heard they are common in large dogs of this breed and that they don't cause any pain for the animals..they are just hard to watch! Well, needless to say, he didn't miss a beat and was back running wild today!!

1 comment:

The Harms said...

Oh no, that's terrible about Gauge! I would be so sad watching that.. I have also heard that they are painless to them, so let that be comfort to you. Give Emma a big squeeze for me. Good luck with the picture-taking. Our turn at that was a disaster lol