Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Farkeling in 2008


Sam, Emma & Juliette

We have had a fun visit with Sam & Juliette.. Daniel's parents! Emma loved seeing her grandparents and getting some quality time playing with them! We introduced them to Farkel.. a fun dice game we play.. and we celebrated the New Year with the annual sausage making and black-eyed peas for good luck!

I also got to hear some hilarious stories about Daniel's childhood!! The best one was that his mom used to have him wear this device to bed.. so that if he peed in his pants that it would shock him and wake him up to stop

yes, I said shock

yes, I am serious

The sad part was that he didn't remember this and was kindof sad about it! I am sure it didn't really hurt him, but it made me laugh! I had never heard of this, so maybe it was frowned upon and got recalled!

Emma has a new friend who was born on December 27th.... Kane Sebastian, 1st son of Ashley & Zack, and I can't wait for them to meet and become good friends! Also, Kristi Dillard is being induced on the 2nd with her 3rd baby.. 2nd girl, Ashton! We will be praying for her tomorrow during her labor that it will be speedy and painless :)

3 comments:

The Harms said...

Oh... my... Gosh...

All I have to say about that post...

Ohmigosh

Rebecca & Nathaniel said...

Laughing hard about the shock. Nathaniel and I were just reading about undies that send an alarm when barely wet and wake you and then I read this! Too funny. Can't wait till you come back to CS to hang out!

Allison said...

electric charged underpants? I'm laughing so hard, i can't type.