Friday, June 13, 2008

The Mayfield's Wedding

We had a wonderful time at my cousin's wedding. We got to stay at a nice hotel in Dallas for a few days and got to see all of my mom's side of the family. It was a lot of fun.. we got a lot of random pics, but none of what I wanted, like our family together... oh well.. it was a success and the wedding was beautiful! Daniel and I were both in the wedding, so my parents were nice enough to watch Emma. She did great and had a blast. She even danced til 10:30!! She also loved to play on the big comfy beds with all the pillows!


Daniel had already changed out of his tux, I swear...





Jevon, Daniel and Chuck


my older brother, Michael and girlfriend, Rachael


Chuck and Pepper Kroll


cousin Tim and wife Shelly with us!


Jevon and Randi

After that, we moved hotels just down the road to Grapevine, where Daniel had a work conference.. Emma and I were able to swim and meet up with Uncle Toodge, and we spent the majority of our time with my good friend Amy and her daughter Avery, who is 6 months older than Emma. It was so fun to see them interact and play. They were really sweet and I loved having someone to hang out with during the day while Daddy was "at work".

The Cornetts, Mike, Amy & Avery, and us..

She loved Daddy's toothpick!!
We also went to see this really cool place down the road from our hotel called Great Wolf Lodge. It is a huge hotel that has an indoor/outdoor water park. The entire hotel is made for kids and has games and treasure hunts throughout.. they even have nail salons and icecream shops. We just checked it out, but it looked so cool! Emma was really in awe of it. I can't wait to take her!





I am worn out to say the least, but Emma did considerably well in a hotel room for 5 nights! I am so not sleep deprived right now and am scared to see what happens in 3 months...

1 comment:

The Harms said...

You guys were like 20 minutes away from us, and you didn't CALL! Shame on ya'll!!!! Seriously, Great Wolf Lodge and the Gaylord Texan (which is right next to it) are really close to us. Next time you are in town, let us know! The Gaylord is where we took our engagements :-)