Wednesday, March 25, 2009

"Where's my bed?"

My parents came and brought us the rest of our new furniture..It is so exciting and nice. I feel like a real grown, married couple now.. We have a king-size bed with matching furniture and a new comforter. I love it!!
Emma also got her big girl bed and furniture. It is so princess-like, we got a full sized trundle sleigh bed in off white! I don't know if she is ready for a big bed but she seems excited about it! We have been talking about it for a while now, but I am not sure I am ready for her to be able to get out on her own. The other day I found her on our guest bed with her blankies and when asked what she was doing.. "I'm taking a nap. I want to go to sleep." Well ok, you don't have to tell me twice!!
My dad forgot to put a mattress on the truck for Emma's room. It was so sad..
She would say, with her arms out and her head titled, "Where's my bed?" Then she would run to her room and come back sad. So hopefully we will get it soon and we can try her out in it! I think I am ready for this next stage of independence. I really think it will be so sweet when her and Georgia can share a room, a bed, whatever they want!
Emma slept in her bed for the 1st time last night!! It went wonderfully.. She stayed in her bed and room until I heard her talking around 8:30 this morning. She is napping now and seems to really like her big girl bed! I love it too, though I am still searching for the right bedspread! She did great during her naptime too!


So I have heard things come in 3s! I am waiting for the 3rd one to drop, so to speak. In the last 2 weeks, my car has had some issues..first, this guy sideswiped me coming off the highway, his dinky car was damaged, luckily not mine and was not my fault, but what a scare and a pain..the girls were fine too!
Then, today I went to the mall to let Emma play while it was supposed to rain..my car got broken into. Driver window broke all over the inside, GPS stolen..but not my DVD players, weird, huh?!..I guess they were in a hurry. So that was even more of a pain and mess! But to be positive, it didn't rain and we made it home before any of the girls had a meltdown!
So what is next?? Bring it on BIG CITY!!

*Emma actually says things with a fake Italian accent..."That's-A-my ..." or "Where's-A-my bed?" Today at the mall playplace a kid got within a foot of me and Emma ran over to me and jumped on the seat and said very loudly, "No, that's-A-my Momma!" Too funny!*

No comments: