Thursday, June 25, 2009

Dress-up Diva

That's right..I have at least one of those on my hands...ME..what will I do?? I am not that girly-girl..I am not lover of sparkles and lace and frills.
I can't even french braid. For real. Ask Pauline.
So when my young 2 year old wakes up and the 1st thing she says is:
"I don't want to wear this.." as she is ripping her clothes off, I kindof shudder.

Emma asks and begins, whether I agree or not, changing her outfits numerous times throughout the day. Each day.
It starts with a Princess nightgown, that has to be taken off well before breakfast. Followed by some kind of tutu or ballerina costume. Then not far off is the beloved Halloween Cinderella dress. And of course, we can't forget those play plastic high heels..
Have you even had your toe stepped on by one of those?...IT HURTS!

We see the costumes, tutus and gowns throughout the entire day, everyday.
She is also a lover of accessories. She has her bracelets, crowns, sunglasses, necklaces, gloves, bows..you name it..she will want it and attempt to wear it!

Luckily, I can usually get her out of the house with normal clothes on, save a tutu or two (ha) over the regular outfit.

And then, I must mention that she is extremely picky about her normal clothes, as well. She prefers dresses, but only ones that I don't pick out! She will wear shorts but only for a little while.

And modesty?? Well, I don't think that ever existed for her..you hear of the little girls who don't want their tummies to show in their bathing suits...etc...
Emma is not that little girl! She would prefer to be naked. She prefers to pull her clothes off and go potty outside, no matter where she is..
She will start stripping the minute she sees water anywhere, whether she is supposed to get in or not.

I don't think this bodes well for our future.

No comments: