Monday, June 1, 2009

Just being busy

I blog because it is an easy way to keep up with my little girls' busy lives and then I can update their baby books when I make the time. So saying that there are lots of random details so sorry if it is too much..

The Listis have been busy lately. Daniel is building us a deck..YEA!! It looks great and is already coming along really well..we even ate dinner on it tonight!!

We got home from CS late Thursday and early the next morning we headed to the zoo with our new friends, Barbi, Georgia & Josh..they are Aggies!! We were bummed out the beach was closed but we saw lots of fun animals and even rode the train! Then we headed to Chick-Fil-A for lunch where it got messy and everyone was tired. Emma & her friend Georgia - they are too cute together!

Saturday we had plans to go swimming and celebrate Carrie's b-day. It was a blast..Emma was a little scary because she would just walk right in the steps when noone else was in the pool. She has a swim sweater which is actually awesome and works well, but she only wanted to wear it for so long. Georgia did well for a while then just wanted to eat the grass. We enjoyed mojitos and burgers, but Daniel had to leave early to take the girls home to see Grandad and Juliette..his parents... who came for a quick visit. All I can say is thank you Daniel..because Emma threw the biggest tantrum at Chuy's and Georgia followed right along with a scream fest!! All the while I got to lay out, eat and drink my way through the night!! YEA!!
Sunday, we headed to Sea World early with some friends from Daniel's work, saw some shows..Emma was SO priceless as she watched Shamu..I will never forget the sparkle and amazement in her face. It gave me goosebumps and really took me back to being a kid again! We also went to the dolphin tank..that is my favorite because you can get so close to them...we were all bent over the tank with our hands in the water and the dolphin jumped up and flipped over and splashed all of us..Emma squealed and looked at me, I laughed and Daniel was drenched. It was great and she laughed, then too realizing it was ok. It was a great day! about to go see Shamu

Monday was our last MOPS for the school year. I was sad. I made muffins and toffee chocolate chip bars. YUM.. We played "The wind blows" aka "I never".. I was not so sure at first but these girls got crazy and it really surprised me, but in a good way. I am going to really try and keep in touch with some this summer and make new friends.
Georgia is actually cutting her bottom teeth and is not happy, most of the day and night..she wakes up screaming in the middle of the night and can't fall back asleep.
It is tiring. She will still eat good but not wanting to take a bottle. I am glad it is finally happening but hoping it is quick. She is only nursing/taking a bottle 3 times a 24 hour period. I am glad to be weening her, but know I will miss it when we are done! It is such a sweet time, even at 3 in the morning. One thing I noticed during that middle of the night feeding is Georgia always crosses her ankles. It is so cute and I can't help but squeeze her toes eventhough I am afraid she will wake up. She is also starting to try to pull up on things and crawling quicker. Her and Emma are precious to watch, except when Emma pulled her hair while looking at me to stop her..Emma is full of spite and is testing us right now! She is really blossoming and will potty and wants to potty train but I don't think she is quite ready for the full thing. So we are now letting her wear panties at home during the day, diapers out and during nap/nighttime! We will see, so far so good!

No comments: