Thursday, July 9, 2009

puking at Pete's


Did I mention that we got to ride in style in an RV?..I am pretty sure the girls are ruined for ever again being satisfied with our suburban for long road trips. Well, after 14.5 hours on the way there, I was happy to be able to roam around and let the girls take turns out of their seats too.

The last day of our time in Pensacola, we were busy fitting in all of our favorite activities...beach, pool, food..and I think Emma got dehydrated..she wanted no food and was in a sour mood. We headed to Peg Leg Pete's for our last dose of crab claws, but not before I dressed the girls in matching outfits and took some pics on the beach..noone wanted to be there, so I am not really satisfied with them, but that was quickly forgotten...


While at our table waiting for our beloved claws. Emma was not wanting anything to eat, still..she was whiny..and had a high fever. Lucky me I know, but she has never had much of a fever before..but this I could tell without even taking it.
I decided to take her with me outside and call my parents to see what they thought of her condition..while outside (thank goodness) she starts puking!It pretty much lands on me and her and is over within seconds. So we head inside and I am carrying her so noone can really tell what happened. We stick out the dinner and I hold her the whole time while she sleeps.
Ok, so I know, no Mother of the Year award for staying at the restaurant, but we had already ordered our food, and the RV was parked way down the beach, so I couldn't imagine carrying her that far myself.
We just made a puke sandwich with our bodies and except for the smell we made it home in one piece. She got some Tylenol and tummy medicine back at the condo and her 103 fever finally broke that evening. She was fine after that and slept and woke up 100% for the 4th!

1 comment:

Allison said...

The RV is such a great idea. Did you rent it?