Sunday, April 18, 2010

a berry rainy week

We had a wonderful weekend..except for all the rain. After it starting on Monday, I was so over it by Saturday.
I have been having crazy nesting feelings, so pretty much every drawer, closet, cabinet in our house has been decluttered and cleaned out due to rainy days stuck inside. It feels good but now what am I supposed to do with my time at home?? I think I am going to try and organize all the pictures and make sure I have the girls baby books in order!
Got all my blood tests back and they were good. Just a bunch of pregnancy stuff, but it is always a relief to get good news from the doctor. The baby is moving and shaking now! It is making this pregnancy that much more fun and special. I am trying to really enjoy everything as this could very well be my last time to be pregnant and experience those first flutters and not to mention a little heart burn here and there!Friday, Daniel's dad & stepmom, Grandad & Grandma Jules came in to town to see the girls. We got to go out to dinner, watch Dumbo and read books. It was a nice diversion from being alone. Unfortunately, we woke up to pouring rain Saturday morning, so we just hung out at the house all day long..it was a really long day. We appreciated them coming to see the girls and keeping me company! It was really cute listening to Emma say Grandma Jules..she did it well, but in such a little girl voice.
By Sunday the sky was blue and the sun was shining!! My energy was renewed for sure considering Daniel has been out of town hunting in MS since Thursday morning. The girls and I had a quick breakfast and threw on some dresses and headed to try out another new church. I really liked this one, it has that "homey" feel and is also close to our house and where the girls attend MDO. So I may have to take Daniel back for another test drive. While I was praising the Lord, I received some texts about a fun outing for the day. The McLeans were inviting us to head to Fredricksburg to pick strawberries and have lunch. I was so excited. Not only are strawberries my favorite fruit, but it was a perfect day to spend outside and hang out with friends. Emma and Ainsley love to play together and Britton loves and dotes on Georgia so it was a win-win for all! Our "family" of 7 headed to town to eat some yummy food, then off to the fields we went. It was muddy and poor G got stuck in the row and then fell over into the mud. She was covered and then it all turned pink from her overeating of strawberries. They had a blast, though. We headed home and had dinner at our friends' house complete with strawberry icecream shakes!!
Only a few catastrophic things kept happening to all the kids, Georgia being a piggy bank with her mouth (had a huge slobbery mouthful of change), Emma & Britton colliding on the swings, a slight dog nip & fingers pinched in a door...fun times! The long week ended with a warm bath and a quick kiss goodnight!

1 comment:

Nat said...

Glad yall survived your days alone! Looks like you all had so much fun! Hope to see you guys soon!