Monday, July 26, 2010

Good things come in 3s

Today I am 30 years old
32 weeks pregnant
With my 3rd baby
who happens to be a BOY..or so they say!
So I believe that good things do come in 3s!!
It has been a good birthday. I received lovely emails, calls and messages from family and friends, not to mention some wonderful gifts! I even got a night away from my sweet girls to get a pedicure, see a movie, eat dinner & have an old fashioned sleepover with my great girlfriends, Carrie & Gene (courtesy of my inlaws)! But Daniel did come through with tickets to a fun concert..Ke$ha and Rihanna..nothing like celebrating the last night of your 20s with a bunch of wild teenagers so excited about a song called "Take it off"! Who knew??! The concert was good and entertaining and hey, it was free!!! My favorite kind! And I will note here, not that many will be surprised if you know "Crazy D", but I am pretty sure Daniel enjoyed it more than me!I also knew I was old when I put Tums in my purse just in case I got heartburn! He also brought me flowers and yummy cupcakes! Then the next day he brought home Cheesecake Factory with some Godiva cheesecake..yum!! I also got a Wii Fit which I guess is a nice hint to get in gear..so no more excuses of the heat!! Emmaline surprised me with flowers and has repeatedly been singing Happy Birthday to me all week..she parties like I like to!!
I have been reminded that the best is yet to come and I do believe that! I am really looking forward to this year..the laughter, excitement, exhaustion, change, love..all of it! And I am seriously getting giddy thinking about football season just around the corner! And it may have a little to do with the fact that I will be meeting my little man right around week 2 of College football, but who's counting?!

So Cheers to a new decade of life!!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Happy Birthday Girlie! it sounds like your family went out of their way to make it super special for you. Just think...our next milestone birthday will be OVER THE HILL and our kids will be in Junior High then. Crazy how fast we grow up.