Friday, June 1, 2012

Picnic & Tea Time

I have been trying to be more creative lately during the long, hot summer days we are finally having. And for lunch we all get tired of the same old sandwich, goldfish and string cheese bit. I decided to spice things up a little and make it more interesting! We started off with a picnic in the backyard. Nothing too fancy but they got a kick out of the basket full of plastic ware and goodies. Me and Daniel actually bought that picnic basket when we were dating and I don't think we ever used it. Sad! There was a cute wine tote with plastic wine glasses with the tag still on too. Think I may surprise him one day soon.
We dined in style on the picnic blanket made by Aunt Natalie. The girls love this blanket and fight over it regularly. It was a fun lunch and I can't wait to do it again!! Another day I decided to surprise the kids with a fancy tea! We set the table in Hayes' room and got out our breakable cups and saucers. The girls were so excited and Hayes just squeals when they do! We drank tea (apple juice) and had petite sandwiches, crackers and cookies.
I wore a hat and heels and spoke with my best English accent, which is pretty bad. They got a kick out of it and were so cute copying me. I can't wait to do it again but I need to get a few more goodies to fancy it up!
We cheersed a few times though I don't know if that is what you are supposed to really do during tea! But that's what the Listis do with fancy glasses! Got any other ideas for fun lunches??! Chick-fil-a is getting a smidge old.

No comments: