Thursday, October 4, 2012

Hunting & Fishing

Daniel surprised us by asking the girls to go hunting with him. He got on a lease with one of his bosses for dove hunting and decided he could take the girls, one day one of them and one the next. Hayes never got to go, but he did love checking out the birds and playing in the beer cooler.
I was really thankful he asked the girls to go, it gives them something different to do and it gives me a little break. I now know his secret to making them excited about hunting...it's not necessarily the birds flying, the camouflage wearing, not even Gauge retrieving the birds like a wild dog..no, it's the snacks and drinks that Daniel lets them pick out at the convenient store before they go! Now I know the truth!
I am really happy that they got to go and spend some Daddy time! Even if Georgia only lasted an hour and wanted to sit in the car and hold her ears! While my parents were in town for the birthday week, we took my dad out on a deep sea fishing day for his birthday. We left Monday morning, way too early.We took dramamine so we wouldn't get seasick. I am glad I took it, but then Daniel's friend from work offered us a patch also. I'm not sure why me and my dad thought that was a good idea, but we did..oh yeah..it was really rough going out and we didn't want to get sick. It ended up not being too rough but the medicine drugged us. By the end of the day we were both zombies. My dad said he can't remember dinner or the drive home! I remember everything just fell asleep randomly and was out of it.

My mom was so nice to keep the kids while we were gone the entire day. She got them up and took E to school, Sherry helped through breakfast, and played with them the rest of the day. They had a blast and I really appreciate her doing that so we could have a fun day fishing.

We drove out for a while on the boat and finally reached a spot behind a shrimp boat...no luck though, so we boated on. The day was flawless and the weather was a perfect temperature! We saw dolphins, which I now know mess up the fishing, but I was happy to see them! We finally caught some red snapper...a ton of them and limited pretty quickly. It was lots of fun and barely took any time between baiting and casting to catch another.
I'm so glad we were able to go and have a fun day on the sea! Noone got sick and we have lots of fish to eat! It reminded me so much of the days my dad would take us out on Wally's boat to fish and spend the day. Thanks Dad for going with us!! I hope you had fun despite the accidental slight drug overdose..at least the fish tacos were worth it!! Love you and happy 65th birthday!!






No comments: