Tuesday, June 11, 2013

weekend before Galveston

Our first day away from home was spent in Temple with Natalie, Jeffrey and Preston. They just moved there and they technically live in Belton, so we wanted to check out their new house! I know Natalie is happy to have the space and be settled and get Preston's room set up! It all looked great and their neighborhood is nice with a great pool. Soon after we got there Jeffrey was leaving for College Station so we planned to send Hayes to stay with my parents for the night. You see Hayes has become a bit of a pain when sleeping in random places, especially when those places don't include a separate room for him to sleep in alone. I knew it would make my life much easier and he would have more fun to go sleep at their house for the night. Once they left, we took the kids to the pool for a few hours. Then Natalie and Preston took us to dinner at one of their favorite spots, the Dead Fish, on Lake Belton. It was good, had a fun vibe and great view. The girls loved watching the people skiing and falling off! We stayed up late watching tv and talking all about babies and being a Mom and football season and pretty much anything you can think of. Around 11 that night, Georgia walked out of her room and her skin was red and covered in welts. She was really itchy and uncomfortable. I hopped in the car and got some Benadryl and she was good to go and asleep in 20 minutes. It was amazing how fast the medicine worked. The only thing we can think it was is an allergy to their cats. We have never been around cats for an extended period of time and Daniel is allergic as well as my dad so I think that is the culprit. At least it wasn't too severe. The next morning we got up, ate and headed to CS to meet up with my parents and see Mr. Hayesman. On Friday we had plans to meet up with Hayley and play, but Hayley got crazy and decided she wanted both of my girls to spend the night at her house, so off they went Thursday night to play with Sammie and Taylor. She is amazing and has so much energy. The girls loved it, got to swim, ride the 6-wheeler, stay up late watching a movie..and I'm sure eat a ton of candy. Hayley loves candy!! Friday we went over and swam and ate and talked all morning. Kristi Dillard and her girls were able to come over and play also. It was lots of fun and so great to catch up with old friends. I am so happy that my kids are able to come in town and play with my friends' kids. It is something I always dreamed of and hoped for! Friendships that last a lifetime mean the world to me!
On Saturday we picked Daniel up from the airport and went to eat lunch with Carlo and Lynn, who we were staying with that night. They are always so awesome and had bought all kinds of toys, snacks and arts and crafts for the kids. They even gave them each a kite for the beach week! We spent the afternoon and evening playing outside with the water toys and grilling. It was so much fun seeing them and getting to relax at their place. The next morning we walked to their park, played then went to a new restaurant/bar that opened right next to the park. It was a fun little walk and the kids enjoyed playing outside while we ate. I miss outdoor restaurants. I don't care how hot it is, I like having the options. Minutes before we made it back to their house it started to pour rain. We all napped then had to leave for the beach with it raining on us the rest of the day.

No comments: