Saturday, July 20, 2013

in the Mobile Bay

Our next stop on our trek through the South was driving through heavy, loud rainstorms from Mississippi to Alabama. We made it to Mobile and crossed the bay bridge before we hit too much traffic. Just like years past, we stayed right across the bridge in Daphne. We made dinner plans with my dad's highschool friends and immediately went swimming at the hotel pool.. We love eating on the causeway and this time chose the Blue Gill near Spanish Fort. It is so fun to eat with Ronnie, Lulu, Wally and Maxine. I love seeing them with friends that my dad's known for 50+ years. I hope I still get together with my oldest friends in years to come. Football always has a way of bringing together people in my family!
The next morning we loaded up and went to Fairhope to the bay beach. So this is my personal favorite family beach. It is never too crowded. There is shade...from pine trees..on the beach!! There is a playground..on the beach!! An icecream truck rides around and the sand and water are nice. There is enough of a tide and waves to feel like you're at the beach but not too much. I'm serious. It is the best for family. Not to mention that this little town is so adorable and cozy feeling. I really want to move there.. or maybe just keep visiting til I find all my favorite spots!
After spending hours on the beach, my parents brought lunch and we ate on the picnic tables (on the beach) and even took cover from a quick rainstorm under the huge trees! I love days like this!
This stop is usually way too short for me and I would love to do next summer and stay for a long while. Reminds me I need to check on a time share for this place.

No comments: