Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Gee family visit

Daniel's parents visited this summer for a long weekend. It was great to have Sherry and Thomas and their dogs come and stay for a while. Daniel and I were able to take advantage of having a sitter and we went out one night. The first night they got here, I had plans to go out for my birthday with my girlfriends, so I missed dinner with them. It was really nice to be able to do that and know that the kids were fine and Daniel had some backup! The following day was my birthday so me and Sherry went out with Sidney to go shopping and have lunch. We got the kids birthday shopping done and had some down time while Thomas and Daniel planned out how they were going to build a pergola for the pool. And the kids love playing with Scout and Cody!
Daniel has all these ideas for the backyard. Some we agree on, some not so much. I was ok with the pergola and was thankful he had someone to help him out! Thomas likes to stay busy so that was a win for all of us!
Sunday was the end of summer Club pool party. They had all kinds of bounce houses, slides, face painting, music and food. It was lots of fun and the kids loved all the extra things and people to play with!
It was a fun weekend, the kids enjoyed getting read to, fingernails painted, having someone to swim with and playing Candyland. We enjoyed some relaxing time while the grandparents did all that! And the pergola turned out beautifully!Me and my angel baby girl on my 33rd birthday!Oh Georgia, queen of accessorizing and layering, only you would layer on bathing suits!!

No comments: