Sunday, March 2, 2014

Emmaline's 7th Birthday!!

We had an Art Party to celebrate Emmaline's 7th birthday. It was SO much fun! She exclaimed, "this is my favorite birthday party ever!" So my work here is done, I guess!
I have been planning and slowly buying things for this party theme for a few months now. So I think that helped when I decided with the coaxing of a friend that in 2 days I needed to have her party. It was the only day her friends would all be able to come. Otherwise we were looking at a weekend in May as the earliest time we could do it. So a party in 2 days it was!

Me and Emmaline took a last trip to Hobby Lobby and Wal-mart and then it was off to the races of cleaning up from Sidney's party decorations and putting up Emmaline's. I like to hang up pictures of the birthday kid all around the house for their friends to see. I also put up the birthday banner and any other streamers, balloons or décor we bought for the particular party.

Emmaline requested chocolate cake which I made and it was so good. I also made rice krispie treats to look like paint brushes with a stick in them and colored icing on the bottom. They didn't turn out as good as I wanted but they tasted good and were colorful! I dipped pretzels, oreos and marshmallows in the colored icings also. We served easy foods like hotdogs, chips and Hayes and Georgia helped me make fruit skewers. I served pink lemonade in decorated mason jars with fun paper straws and found cute diamond shaped reusable ice cubes Emmaline loved.

The first thing we did while waiting for all 6 girls was to decorate their mason jars with washi tape and get their aprons on. I sewed the aprons from oil cloth I already had. It was pretty easy and fun to do! It was amazing that I literally ended up with the exact amount of fabric I needed. Once all the girls got there we started our first and most time consuming craft. We used pie pans and placed pony beads in different patterns of color or shapes. Once they got their beads just right we used the toaster oven on the porch to melt them all together. After 10 minutes we took them out and laid them over a glass cup and put back in the oven. In 5 minutes the beads had melted together and were falling around the cup to form a shape. I would take them out then help mold it into a bowl shape. They turned out so cute and it was a fun, easy project..just took a little time.

The girls went wild at this point and were running and playing upstairs and outside. Daniel grilled hotdogs and we got them to sit down long enough to eat something.

Then we started painting the canvases on the back porch. They all chose their colors and paint brushes and got busy. Some finished really quickly and others were very detailed. I so forgot to take a picture of them with their finished canvases. While they painted we turned on Frozen outside for them to watch and that was a hit. The excitement level was high!
Once we got all cleaned up we came inside for cake, icecream and the birthday song! The girls played and ran and drove the cars and made loom bracelets and danced and were all over the place. It was a great birthday and lots of fun. I think Emmaline enjoyed herself.

She put together a small goodie bag to go along with the apron, canvas, and bead bowl. It had some hair ties, pen and pad to write on, candy and some other items.

Only having 2 days to prepare was tricky, but I really felt like we accomplished everything we wanted to do. All her friends were able to come and it went pretty smoothly!

Happy Birthday to my baby girl!! I love you Emmaline Jade and have enjoyed these quick 7 years..your love for life and friends and fun is contagious!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just found your Blog and love it! Taylor had a blast at Emma's beautiful Art Party, thank you for the invite!!!