Friday, September 26, 2008

2 weeks has gone by..

Gig 'em Ags!!
Here we are and it is two weeks since Georgia has came and turned out lives upside down..and we love it!! It has been a rollercoaster of emotions for Emma, with lots of crying and whining and loving on her little sister. It has been tiresome for me, staying up feeding her throughout the night (and day). It has been long for Daniel, who is used to being at work and only being with his girls after 5! I think that has been a wake up call to him as to what everyday is like at home! Good.. he needs to know!
I think the hardest thing is trying to go anywhere with just one adult and both girls. Emma doesn't quite understand the importance of not running from me, in the street, or me holding her hand, etc. That makes it difficult to keep her safe. She is strong and heavy (27 pounds now). Georgia is still really easy. She pretty much sleeps and eats! Not a lot of crying unless you take away one of the aforementioned.

She is sooo sweet and innocent. I am really enjoying holding her and looking at her and smelling her and kissing her! I don't think I did that enough with Emma. We were trying so hard to get everything right with her, I didn't cherish her quiet first few weeks. I am trying so hard to do that this time.. I know how fast it changes. Before I know it, Georgia will be chasing Emma around the living room and squealing. So when I am hiding out in the bedroom feeding Georgia and ignoring all the craziness in the house, it is because I want to remember her days when she was quiet and sweet and tiny.
1st bath
cute dimples
Georgia (2 weeks) & Hoyt (7 weeks)

Georgia is not sleeping great at night, but does well during the day, of course. She eats wonderfully, although, she does fall asleep and likes to snack frequently. One of the things I was most nervous about was breastfeeding. It has been so much easier than last time. Thank goodness!!
We are heading back to MS next Friday and stopping off in New Orleans for a wedding. I am really excited we are going to be able to make it and introduce Georgia to the Big Easy, like we did Emma when she was so young! I hope the weather is as nice as it has been here lately!!
Daniel's mom visits
sweet stuff!
Carrie visits
a night out after the Aggie game

2 comments:

BO FO MO and Baby OO said...

Congrats! Georgia is beautiful. I am so excited for you. Your girls have an awesome mom!!

Allison said...

We been missing you! Blake is a little under the weather, but hopefully he will get better so we can see you again before you skip town. Perhaps at music on wednesday?