Friday, September 19, 2008

Georgia is 1 week today!!




I can only say that it has been a wonderful week with our new little girl! Of course, there have been some times when all I wanted to do was take a nap or scream, but for the most part I have really enjoyed being the mom of 2. Emma is handling it pretty well.. she did bite her finger, which really made me sad, but I know she didn't do it to be mean. Emma always wants to touch her and hold her and kiss her and I love hearing her say "Georgia". Sisters
sweet kisses
Georgia is a really good baby so far. I think her personality is really laid back, but she will let you know when she wants something. For the most part she is happy, sleeping a lot, and eating really well!! She has been wearing preemie clothes but the newborn ones are starting to fit her better now. The nights have not been bad so far and we have made several trips to the park because of this great weather! We haven't even had a time of unconsolable crying, which makes me so happy.. considering we had many of those with Emma. I don't know if it is because this is my 2nd time around and I know more than I did last time or if her personality is just that different?!? Whatever it is, it is nice to see differences and similarities between them.
Some people say that Georgia looks just like Emma and others, not so much..
Either way, we are in love and so excited to be on this journey as a family of 4!
getting home
Daniel and his girls
cousins Brett & Emma
Erica's parents and the girls

2 comments:

The Harms said...

I am so excited for you guys. Being able to watch sisters as their parents is so incredible. I felt, and still feel, the same way you do about my own girls. Kylee is laid-back and Kayden is more of a busy bee! I have a few theories, but they are too lengthy for this forum.. I will say that I think it has alot to do with a more relaxing pregnancy (due to the fact that you know what the heck is going on), and a more relaxed approach to the first few weeks, because you know what to expect in a way. You're an awesome Mother, and I love hearing about your girls. Please kiss Miss Georga for me, and give Miss Emma a big high-five from all of us. She's doing a great job as a big sister, I can already tell! Congratulations, again, on your beautiful family, and we will see you guys really soon. LOVE LOVE LOVE, the Harms family :-)

TheBossLady said...

They are such beautiful girls! Congrats and I hope everything continues to go so well!! :)