Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Big Easy - Day 1

We survived our weekend in New Orleans with the 2 girls. It was a lot of fun, not so much like a vacation, but a nice diversion from being home!
It all started on Thursday early morning, around 5 a.m. Georgia was ready to eat, so I fed her and at 6 woke my dad up so we could get ready to leave asap.
We got the girls in the car at 7:15. They did fairly well, Georgia sleeping and Emma watching her video. It got a little wild with 2 feedings, but luckily my dad was there to take care of Emma.. she was barefoot and running through restaurants.. gross.. but hey, I don't think I could have done it myself. I will probably not be traveling as much by myself..how would I go to the restroom??..hopefully we will get back to Texas soon with a shorter drive!
We arrived at the Royal Sonesta on Bourbon Street around 4. The rehearsal dinner was to begin at 7. It was a Galatoire's, an extremely fancy place. No high chairs, gorgeous dinner settings, wine glasses, no lids for their glasses.. you get the picture! Emma was wild! She did fairly well, considering she was sitting at the table like a grown up!
Just minutes after we arrive at the restaurant, I see Emma wandering and can smell her! Yes, she has a dirty diaper. Nice timing. So we head to the ladies' room. Not a lot of options here. I lay her on the ground of a stall and change her diaper. I kindof cringed, but hey, it was a NICE restaurant, the floor had to be fairly clean. It couldn't have been a solid, easy diaper, but a 5 wipe one. That just made me laugh, one of those laughs to keep you from doing something else, like scream or cry. dancing with the band

Georgia was doing great.. sleeping as usual! Well, finally she woke up, really hungry. So I do the only thing I can and head to the bathroom to feed her. I enter a different stall and start breastfeeding. She is eating well, quiet as a mouse. Well, when she eats she usually wakes up and poops. She is not quiet while doing this.. It is loud and sounds like a machine gun.. so all the ladies in the restroom at that time probably were thinking I was having major problems and not feeling well.. not knowing a baby was in there with me. Another laughing moment! I was in there for about 45 minutes. Daniel was texting me getting worried and Emma was going out of control and ready for bed at this point!
We had to duck out during one of the speeches, but we did get dessert- banana bread pudding, although I missed most of the main course!
We never made it out that night..my dad was going to watch the girls for us, but Georgia would never go to sleep, so we ended our night relatively early, but it was much needed!!Jackson Square

1 comment:

Allison said...

Oh that is too funny. You are so brave to even take them there.