Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Big Easy - Days 2 & 3

Saturday was the wedding, but not until the evening, so we had all day to enjoy breakfast beignets, Jackson Square pigeons, crawfish tails & Bourbon Street! So that is exactly what we did. Emma loved chasing the pigeons until they would try and fly off. It was perfect weather and Georgia slept the whole time, peacefully in the Snugli. We ate lunch at a yummy place by the square and walked along the Mississippi River. I think I would love to live in a place where you could actually walk around to different shops, restaurants, etc. It seems like it would be so much fun. Emma is always in a good mood outside.
Anyways, we head to Bourbon Street after our nap. Trying to find a place that 1. had music, 2. allowed children, 3. had football on tv, & 4. had food, but not in that particular order. We didn't quite succeed. We found all but #1, but luckily there was the next door club that was blaring the music. Emma was too intrigued and would take her snacks outside and try and escape to the dance club! This girl loves music and loves to dance.

It was hilarious. People would hand her beads and clap for her while she danced. She would just eat and bob her little head, squatting on occasion. People were also taking pictures of her, so if you see her on some weird website, my bad.. I felt kindof weird about this, but didn't really know what to do- it wasn't like she was topless.. Daniel was hilarious too, he was not really liking her popularity with the beads on Bourbon Street at such a young age!
So I was inside the place with Daniel and Georgia, and Emma and my dad were outside on the street. A waitress came up to me (kindof panicked) and asked if my little girl was wearing a blue polka dot outfit, I said yes. She said, "Well, she fell down on the street." My heart skipped a beat.. I was imagining her head split open and blood everywhere. She proceeded to tell me that she spilt her food and that she was trying to pick it up and eat it and that "the man with her was letting her eat it". She was so frantic about me not letting her eat the food because of how dirty it must be. It really annoyed me, because I was thinking the worse, but she was fine, as long as we let her save some of her snacks! ;)
We ended up watching the Bama game at the bar and we got so into it, that we didn't realize how quickly the wedding was approaching. We left the bar at 5:45 and the wedding started at 6:30. So we rushed to the room, changed clothes, no showers, and got everyone dressed, barely!! The wedding itself was beautiful, in the courtyard of the Royal Sonesta, where we were staying. It was lit by candlelight. Emma was not happy during the ceremony and Georgia was not far behind, so I failed to get any pics of the area.

The reception was nice, with great food and drinks, and dancing, too!! Emma had a blast eating and dancing. Georgia slept in the Snugli the whole time. I know I was pitiful to wear the Snugli over my dress, but it kept her quiet and happy, and that wins over appearance in my life, at least for now!! Listi girls

The bride and groom, who now live an hour from us in MS, left in a carriage. Emma, Georgia & I missed that. We wanted to go out again, but Georgia wouldn't cooperate, so we got another decent night of sleep.
On Sunday, we had to pack.. we had so much crap.. I hate it!!
We did have a great brunch with the wedding party and then we ventured off to Jackson Square again. We decided to do a horse drawn carriage tour around town. It was suprisingly interesting and fun. Initially, we did it just because Emma would love it, but the history and stories were neat. I would love to do that one night, with a bottle of wine and no kids!! Daniel and I will be going back one day, without our babies!!our carriage ride
Jackson Square
It was a wonderful weekend, eventhough we never got to try a Pimm's cup (supposedly the oldest drink in America) or venture out on the streets at night.

No comments: