Thursday, February 12, 2009

How can 5 months go so fast?

My little baby girl is 5 months old today. Where does the time go? How does she change so fast? She barely resembles the baby that was born just a little while ago.
Today, she is jumping and squealing and smiling like a big girl. Her hair is so different than it was 5 months ago..it is really blonde, more than Emma's, and is finally growing back nicely. We get "compliments" on her cheeks and their squeezability everywhere we go. She likes to roll over, she found her feet and loves to play with her toes, she is finally out of a bassinet..I know we kept her there too long. She is eating some baby food, loves the banana peach, but really just prefers to nurse.. She used to sleep through the night, but now wakes up anywhere from 3-4 in the morning and stays with us in the bed til morning. I know it's not a good habit but it is so much easier. We plan on getting "tough" on her after we move in our new house. My favorite time of the day is usually around 9 in the morning (when she wakes up) and I bring Emma in to our room and the sisters get so excited to see eachother, there are always lots of smiles and laughter and kisses and hugs. I will always relish and wish for these days!!
Still no teeth, but really eating her fingers.. and is fussy in the evenings.
She is now swinging in a baby swing.. and loves it!!
I count my blessings everyday and love to be able to stay at home with my girls!
Now Happy Valentines Day to me.. Daniel is going to watch the girls while I go to a movie with Carrie! YEA!!
Also, we attended our first MOPS meeting here in SA.. it was awesome.. super nice girls, and Emma did wonderful her 1st time away in a nursery! I was on cloud 9 the entire day..G did good too, but I wasn't so concerned for her. We can't wait to go back and are currently trying to figure out which MDO to put Emma in for the Fall!

1 comment:

Allison said...

so glad you found a MOPS group there. I always look forward to our meetings so much!