Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Emma's 1st Haircut

Emma got her 1st haircut today..it was an unforgettable experience..it all started when I noticed how uneven her hair was in the back, all the crazy strands from almost 2 years of sporadic growth..so I decided it was time..I like to save money, especially on hair cuts, so I thought I would do it myself..well, we don't even have a pair of scissors in our rent house, so I nixed that idea really quickly..

Searched the internet and found a cool place with cool chairs for kids..Sharkeys!
We show up and I have been preparing her for the big cut..she seemed excited with her "Neah" which means, Yeah, in her language..so I kept fingers crossed. We go in and it is so neat..a little girls' paradise with so many tiny and shiny items to grab at!! So Emma starts unloading goodies into Georgia's carseat carrier..Great!!

Finally, it was her turn, she is still happy at this point...
Until the pretty lady says her name and I pick her up.. she immediately knows that something is about to go down..she screams and the tears start coming!
We set her in the Jeep with Dora on the screen, I even get out the candy hearts right away!! This girl was not going down without a fight! She is clinging to me for dear life.. she is strong with those little legs of steel.
Finally, I battle her into the Jeep and try to get her to drive it and eat her candy..she is so upset she is shoving the candy at the lady..WOW..that has never happened before.

So through the tears and snot and tangles, she gets her hair trimmed and looks like a big girl even more now. She finally gets over it after she is free from the Jeep. During the whole cutting experience I even go pick out some sparkly bracelets thinking that would make her happy..NO..but she wants them as soon as we are done...
So I give in and we buy 3 items for $10..I am pitiful, I know.
The lady was nice enough to save some hair for me, I would have not remembered to do that in the moment, but so happy to have for her babybook!
So $30 and 30 minutes later we are out the door. I spent more on her hair cut than I do on my own! SAD..but the 10th one is free!! :)
In other news, Dixie, my 9 year old chocolate lab, got really sick this past week..we had to take her to a vet here in SA and she was "hospitalized" for pancreatitis..so another pretty penny and 3 days later she is back home and doing better! I have to give her this antidiarrheal med that is so nasty and looks like what it is supposed to cure..gross!

We are loving it here in SA and enjoying the weather too.. We went to an awesome restaurant on Saturday with Carrie and some friends..it has this outdoor kids play area and it serves alcohol..me and Daniel said we forsee many weekends spent there!! And it is really close to our NEW HOUSE!!! Yes, that is right, we are moving to our new house in about 3 weeks.. so excited..love the neighborhood and area. We spend most of our days checking out the things nearby..parks, schools, libraries, MDO and shopping.so I rewarded her with going to the park..what am I thinking??

1 comment:

Allison said...

Love the haircut...it already sounds like you are settling in so nicely there. WE miss you!