Monday, February 22, 2010

Let's Rodeo



What have Daniel and I been up to?? We headed to the Rodeo for the final night of fun and charades. Daniel got us tickets through work in the suite, so we got to experience it all in style, with free stuff..which is always nice. Our good friends, the McLeans, watched the girls for us overnight so we could really relax! Thank you to them for hosting the girls and taking care of G when she wasn't feeling well!! Next year I want to take the girls again and let them actually see a show and the events of the rodeo. I know Emma would love sitting in her seat, all dressed up, with her cotton candy!

What have me and the girls been up to?? Staying just busy enough but nothing too exciting..We did see "If you give a moose a muffin" at the Magic Theatre with MOPS, that was fun and different..and makes me want to go downtown more often. We ate lunch with a group of friends, 5 moms & 8 kids..it was yummy, but the kids were crazy and running all over the place..the service was slow which is not how you should treat so many young children..I think they were ready for us to leave!

Friday Daniel was off work so we played around the town, ate lunch out, and shopped a little bit. We were going to Dollar Day at the Rodeo, but it was misting, so we had an impromptu campfire with our friends..there was hotdogs, smores & lots of story telling..even some kerosene thrown in the fire for good measure!

Daniel is off to Boca this week for work...I know, poor guy..then the girls and I are meeting him in Houston to see his family. It will be a sort of whirlwind visit, but nice to get away for a bit!lunch with friends
Here's hoping I have enough energy to drive to Houston by myself after being alone for a few days!

The Olympics have been running our lives, fun but exhausting trying to keep up with all the excitement!

No comments: