Monday, February 8, 2010

Long-Johnson wedding

Our friends got married..and yes, that is their last names!
The Johnson part of the wedding is a good guy friend from highschool and through college. Daniel and him became great friends while we were dating and he was in the wedding!
I know Daniel loved being a part of everything and hanging out with the guys!
The crazy thing about this wedding was that the ceremony was outside - as in Fort Worth, Texas in January..there were cars with snow on them driving around..there were snow flurries falling as we drove in on Friday night.
Needless to say, it was COLD..and the real kicker is that I didn't know it was going to be outside until I had already left the house for the weekend. Luckily, with a few phone calls, my mom lent me her fur coat (yeah, it was real..don't get all PETA on me) and gloves, and Carrie brought me a back up sweater dress to wear. It was a success, though I didn't feel so pretty..kindof plain, but way better than the spaghetti strap dress I had planned to wear.
So I was very thankful for what I got to borrow and it was a blast seeing all my old highschool friends again. We discussed that we are running out of weddings to have as an excuse to hang out..more baby showers now..but let's be real, those aren't the same thing!cigar time!!
me, Brad & Carrie
It was also great to see Jevon's mom, Ms. Rose..she was a teacher in our highschool and everyone loves her..Treva is one of those moms who is everyone's mom! It was great to catch up with her and have breakfast with her!
I am bummed I didn't take more pics but that seems to happen a lot lately.
The groom's cake was the highlight for me..and the chocolate covered strawberries..also they had a potato bar, with mashed and sweet potatoes in martini glasses, then you got to pick your toppings!! That was yummy too!!
Our guys did the usual toasts and danced and got crazy. They are so much fun!
It was also a nice weekend away from the girls..they got to see Mama and Pop..and get spoiled, while we got to sleep in and relax all day and have yummy food. me & my usher
Chuck, Brad, D-Tice, Matt & Ry
Chuck & Pepper
Carrie & Craig
Pauline & Daniel

No comments: