Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sharing

So Miss Emmaline isn't much into sharing as a whole, but when it comes to "sharing" her room with her Georgie, she is all about it! She jumps at the chance and begs us to let her sissy sleep in her bed. It is sweet I guess, but something I am having a hard time with. Don't get me wrong, it isn't keeping me up at night, but it is getting me up earlier than I wish!!
The 1st night we did it on a whim after me mentioning it to Emmaline (she is still insisting and reminding me that is her name!) in the car and she was sold. She was asking Georgia in the car, "You wanna sleep in my bed with me?" And Georgia would nod her head and so me and Daniel said ok..let's do it!They stayed up past 10:30, outlasting me, and managed to destroy her room in the process. We have our baby video monitor on and it is interesting to watch them cohort and fight and then eventually pass out. I went in the next morning (we have a lock on the door..I know it is mean, but necessary for now!) and saw quite a sight of black marker, lipgloss, shredded paper & everything pulled out of drawers & the closet! I was livid, but not really surprised. The 2nd night we continued on with our plan after some pep talks from friends and the girls passed out at 10. We did clean out all the frivolous items that aren't necessary in the room and locked the closet, so that helped things out. We also pushed in the trundle part of the bed..it seemed to be too much room for them to use..up & down..they couldn't decide where they wanted to be!
The 3rd night Georgia got in her own bed and refused to get out! I asked her repeatedly if she wanted to sleep with Sissy.."No". She was not budging and Emmaline came in to talk to her and got denied. Oh the drama and big big tears! I really felt bad for her. She left the room crying and saying, "Georgia hurt my feelings! I not like that." Daniel had to talk her down and make it better.
The next morning E woke up at 6 a.m. as usual and was bounding around the house and G slept in til after 8. Poor thing was exhausted trying to live on Big Sister's schedule!
So on our 4th night, tonight, E asked us again while driving, "Can Georgie sleep in my room tonight? But don't ask Georgie!" It was hilarious. She didn't want to have her say No! They finally fell asleep at 9:45 after wardrobe changes and diaper malfunctions. We go in there a lot to mediate but eventually they wear down. I think & hope it will get better! G was actually the culprit keeping them up tonight..Emma kept saying "Georgie don't wake me up. I need to sleep!"

No comments: