Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Cousins & Chocolate

Updated: I ended up catching a stomach bug from Georgia and am feeling 'normal' again, so thankful that my heartburn symptoms were a sickness and not for the rest of my pregnancy..at least for now!!

We have been in CS for the past week. It was a spur of the moment trip but has turned out to be great despite all the torrential rain we have received. That has put a damper on our swimming plans but we have managed to still find plenty to do.
I am so worn out.
I have to say I finally am feeling this pregnancy...kindof in the way that when people find out I am pregnant with my 3rd and it's summer and oh so hot and wow they will be close together and...I feel huge by the end of the day, uncomfortably large and like I could bust. Last week I could eat anything and everything..and I did! No problems, no side effects just a content tummy and baby bouncing around..well, this week has been so different. Heartburn is taking a toll like never (never!) before and I am miserable! I guess I am going to have to put the fork down and get off my growing rear to walk a bit. Boo! I have to note here..I have only gained 2 pounds so far this pregnancy, and I guess really only 1 since I lost 1 pound at the beginning, but I don't feel or look like it. I have been watching what I eat on some occasions but do splurge or eat what I want when I want..Now, I took my glucose test last week and failed! Have to go back for my 3 hr test next week..maybe that is why I am feeling so awful, but can't imagine that really being it?!?
So, I am expecting to have gestational diabetes again and I guess I will deal and look for the positives of it, but I did have some chocolate brownie dessert tonight as my last hurrah! Shhh, don't tell Daniel! He likes to get on to me for it..but hey, a girl has to have chocolate knowing she will be deprived for the next 3 months. Imagine me taking away something he LOVES..dare I say beer or caffeine..just for a little while. He may not be so thrilled with the thought then!

Ok, on to the real post..maybe I should change the title..there, better..I added chocolate!

Here are some cute pics of E, G & their cousin (on my side) Brett Tyler. Emma was so excited he was here..she is usually shy around him, but this time I guess she was ready to play..they have been running and squealing and crazy around the house. We dropped him off tonight and she almost cried.."Where is my Brett Tyler? I want my Brett Tyler to come back!" So sweet. He played great with her and she was hugging him and so happy! you can't make her do this pose, it's au natural!

Yes, you did just see Snow White, Princess Jasmine & Ariel, the Little Mermaid..they came to visit too!G in her stroller. She loves for Sissy to push her!

1 comment:

Cristina said...

2 lbs....seriously...I don't like you anymore!! :o) Hope all goes well with your 2nd glucose test.