Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Ooooh, Christmas Tree


We got this little guy at a cut-your-own lot outside of Seguin. I had this fantasy in my head of our family all smiling and singing "Oh Christmas Tree" while we all laid eyes on the same perfect tree that we couldn't live without. As you can guess it wasn't quite like that. There was no singing, more like groaning, and there were no perfect trees. This was a barren lot but once we were there, there was no leaving without one.
So we pulled the girls all the way to the back of the lot in their wagon and picked the tallest one we saw and started sawing. It isn't much taller than me but would have to do.
We got home and stood her up in the stand. Daniel wanted to cut off a branch near the bottom so the screws would go in easier. I said no because of the lack of branches on it in the first place. So I won....or so I thought..the next day I return home and find our tree smashed into the window with a few ornaments broken. It has not been screwed in tightly enough..darn it! Then the tree stayed layed over into our window just like that for about a week..we even still plugged it in and all..can we say lazy?! Finally, we get it back up and on it's pedestal (you know, because it was too short) and thought we had saved Christmas! No, no such luck..it fell over about another 3 times before I finally agreed to let the branch be sawed off. Daniel even had to get the drill to make it go in far enough and prop a board on one side to make it stay up! Oh well, just in time for us enjoy it a whole week before we leave for the holiday season. All that to say I think next year we will get our tree from Home Depot. the girls' tree in their room..they are so proud!

1 comment:

Allison said...

that made me laugh so hard!