Friday, December 31, 2010

Merry Christmas from the 2010 Listi Family
Earlier in December we attended a wedding in Houston for my cousin on my Mom's side. We were all excited and this was going to be our family time to see eachother for the extended family Christmas this year. There are so many cousins and it is hard to all get together now that we have young children. At first I wasn't going to take all the kids, because it just seemed like no fun to be honest. But then, I knew that most of my family had never met Hayes and the girls had changed so much, so we opted to go all together. I also knew that we would all be fancy and dressed up and that would be a perfect Christmas card photo op! Hence the reason I never posted about the wedding, because we used the pics for our card. Before we went to the wedding we had lunch with Mr. Scout! Daniel's mom and Stepdad's new puppy..he was adorable and you can see that me and Emmaline were in love!! And he is coming to visit next week!! YEA!the cake was yummy and the girls were all over it! Luckily it was after they cut it and most of it was eaten..
We had a great time at the wedding and even better for us, the reception was at the hotel we were staying at. I wish I had pictures from the ceremony because my cousin looked beautiful and the church was amazing! Emmaline was so cute in awe watching her walk down the aisle. A real bride, not one on tv! It was a Catholic ceremony and it was long. Luckily, my dad and Daniel were hot to trot to watch some Saturday football so they took the girls and Hayes to the hotel for naps at the first sign of boredom. Don't worry, Emmaline managed to squeeze out "Is it over yet?" nice and loud, before we even got the basic introductions out of the way (3 minutes in the ceremony). There were giggles and my aunt then proceeded to open her fancy sequined purse up for Emma & Georgia to go through. Fun times! The reception was fun, lots of dancing and drinking, and Emmaline and Georgia and Daniel were the stars as far as I was concerned!Hayes was just along for the ride, but was really good and he even slept through the night along with the rest of us! For those of you who know Aunt Boom Boom..she caught the bouquet!! The DJ then played "Shoulda put a ring on it" and little did we all know, but she knew ALL the dance moves! And she was good!! Way to go, girl! Come to SA and Daniel will set you up with a dr. date! it's fun to see this picture of Daniel and Tim with their sons...they were roommates at Aggieland for a year or so!
Thanks to my parents who went and helped us out as usual. They kept Emmaline in the room with them and babysat when we went downstairs to party a little more after the reception. Our family always has fun parties, I just wish they happened a little more often!The new Mayfield family of 4!! Their birth announcement for Noah was a baseball card, old school style!! Cutest idea I have seen to date!!
Ummm and our next outing will be to the Cotton Bowl to hopefully see the Aggies Beat the Hell Outta LS-Who??! I am so excited for this weekend and can't believe where I will be watching it from..Did you read it?? That's right...a luxury suite! Who Me??!! Looks like EJ is stepping Up in 2011

No comments: