Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Speak-easy

Emmaline has been in speech for about 6 months now and is doing really well. She is probably going to graduate out of it soon. I am really proud of how fast she has picked things up and so glad we stuck with it. I know it has made her more confident in her everyday speech. Besides how she talks, what she says is hilarious and it is fun to think about what is going through her head.Driving around looking at Christmas lights, Emmaline exclaimed, "OH, look at those..Santa is going to be so happy!"
We were all 5 in Daniel's truck because my car was in the shop and she was so excited, "Look we are all a family!" or when we are holding hands to safely cross a street she will say, "Mom, it's our family all holding hands!"
And she also loves to say, "Georgie, Santa is watching you," with a disapproving shake of her finger whenever her little sister does something bad! Then she will finish off her statement with "and he's not gonna bring you any presents!"We were making wishes at a fountain outside the Witte Museum the other day and as she tossed her penny in she said, "I wish for cotton candy" - yes, the same thing she wanted back in New Orleans. So I told her she could wish for anything she wanted and she said, "Oh, ok..I wish for cotton candy and M&Ms!"
While at the museum the girls were playing on a pipe telephone connected where you can talk and hear each other across the room. I told her to tell Georgia a secret and she said, "All I want for my birthday is a icecream sandwich, ok, don't tell!"When playing "Ring around the rosie" she doesn't say the SH sound all the time and will sing, "Asses, asses we all fall down!"
Emmaline loves her school and loves to include her friends in her prayers. She begged me to have her friends over for a playdate, especially Molly. I was told to ask Molly's mom is she can come over..all the time..so finally we did. We had 4 little girls over to our house, we dressed up, decorated cookies, colored & did a turkey pine cone craft! Molly even rode with us home from school..Emmaline was helping me drive that day by saying, "Mom, watch out for that white car! Molly, my mom is driving fast!" I am sure Molly was wondering how she ended up in our car! And btw, I was not driving bad or fast..I think she was just excited and wanted to say something! She also tells everyone that we took a pumpkin pie to her class for their feast and "I tried it but London didn't. She doesn't like pumpkin pie, but I do!" She seriously tells everyone this whole line. The question we get the most is Who's London?
She is also pretty much potty training G for me. She sits on her toilet and will tell Georgie to sit down on her potty. She will help her do it all, praise her for it ("Yea, you went potty Georgie, that is so good!" ) and will even pour out the potty and clean it up! "Don't forget to wash your hands!"
She also loves to bargain when she is eating.. "Ok, I will take 2 more bites and then I can have ...."After taking her to see Tangled, just she & I, she sweetly was holding my hand and said, "Thanks Mom for going to the movies with me! I am going to share my popcorn with Georgie but not my Icee!"
Finally, it is hilarious and annoying at the same time to hear her talk to Hayes who she refers to as "Hayes-man" or "Mr. Hayes" or lately even combines them all. She gets this deep voice going and will say, "Oh, Mr. Hayes-man, don't c-w-y (cry), Mommy is going to feed you. It's al-w-ight! You are so cute! You are getting so big!" All the while rubbing her little (usually dirty) hands all over his face.
We love you Emmaline so much and love hearing all these funny and sweet things you say! I find it mildly humorous that your teachers say you are so quiet in class and don't really talk a whole lot when I ask them about you! I guess you just save it all up for when you are home!

No comments: