Saturday, August 27, 2011

I'm getting busy

"whoa...I'm getting busy," as she spins around and around. At first I was confused but quickly realized Georgia meant 'Dizzy'! I love those little misspoken words by almost 3 year olds. "Sank You" 'Thank you' and "I want a Sack" 'Snack'. Also, when she wants to say 'I am', she says, "I ma'am".

All this to say that We are getting Busy around here and it is making me Dizzy as I sort through all the things coming up. I am pretty much ready for the next few weeks to be over. I do love birthdays and celebrating but September is a full month for our family. I go back and forth between what to do, what to buy, how to celebrate, not wanting to leave anyone out.. I can only imagine what it will be like when all of these people KNOW it is their birthday and UNDERSTAND what it is all about. I guess I better enjoy it while I can.

We are embarking on extracurricular activities for the girls! I know this isn't that big of a deal, but it sure was a harder decision for me than I thought it was going to be. Dance, gymnastics...what to do?? Emmaline loves dance but I just think she will get more physically out of gymnastics at this age. I have no problem letting her do dance next if she decides it isn't for her. Same with Georgia. Honestly, I'm not so sure G is ready to participate, period. She is so moody, you just never know when she will decide she doesn't want to do something and good luck getting her to do it! We shall see..this coming Monday is their 1st class! Then, we have MDO starting up! Praise The Lord! I am so thankful for this and eventhough it isn't new to us, the teachers, program and friends are this year. All of our 'friends' went to different schools and the program has changed up a bit with a new director. I think it will be great, but it was still different heading up to the parent orientation and seeing new faces. I'm not really a fan of change. HA, I'm so screwed! With all that said...I am ready to shuffle the girls off to school to meet new friends and play and learn and just maybe I can have a break and go to lunch with my girlfriends!!

AWANA program is our next new endeavor. I am also really excited about this. It is a Bible class for the girls..they learn scriptures, songs, stories and get to play on Wednesday evenings. I think they will love it and a little extra Jesus time never hurt, right!?! I guess I am just concerned all of these activities will be too much all at once.

Finally, we have MOPS starting. This is nothing new. I love MOPS and am excited to start up again. We have been working together on the new year and are pretty much ready to go. I have a new position this year..Registrar. I don't think it's going to be as easy as Playdate Coordinator was, but something different. I am a little concerned about being in charge of the budget..that isn't really my thing, but maybe it will help me learn! Also, I am the first person to speak to the Moms and register them..so I need to know their names..you know, to be polite and all..I am terrible with names. I guess it will something else for me to work on!

So, as you can see, we are gearing up for a lot of STUFF! Not to forget that all of these new things are starting up at the same time that Birthday central is happening..September 1, 8, 11, 12 are all very important dates in our house! We are also squeezing in a Baby Shower for a sweet Girl and a hunting trip to South Padre.. ALL of this is happening on or before September 12, 2011!

After that, I'm pretty much going to take a long nap! Then, I'll need to hurry to the gym to exercise off all the cake I ate!Hayes isn't the only one that needs a drink! ;)

No comments: