Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Superstars & Rising Stars

The girls had their first gymnastics class on Monday. It was a slow and grumpy start for Miss Georgia because I had to wake her up from a nap (and Hayes too) but eventually we got there in one piece and the excitement was there! While I was dealing with her whining I thought there is no way I want to do this every Monday (wake them up from naps) so I was a little leary of it all..
On the way there, Emmaline was telling G, "I will be with my teacher and you will be in the little gym. I bet they have cell phones and your teacher can call my teacher if you need me! OK?!" It was really sweet.We waited for Coach Josh to call Emmaline's class onto the floor with much anticipation. As soon as he opened the door, she froze..I literally had to shove her in, twice, and walk away. I wasn't really surprised but hated that I had to truck over to G's building to get her started too. I wasn't sure if Emmaline was loving life or hating it. We walked in and saw Georgia's class..one teacher and one other little girl. G ran right out onto the floor, but was not into following directions or stretching. She told her teacher, "my legs are sore!" I had to change HB's diaper so I left her too. At this point, I was thinking that I am not about to spend this kind of money to have my kids be so shy and not even do what the coach asks!...I settle in to watch and see Georgia finally enjoying herself and following directions!! She does a really good job and got a stamp and sticker! SCORE!
After talking with the other little girl's mom, I find out that her daughter is in G's MDO class that is starting, so they will get to see eachother lots! We head back over to the big kids' gym and watch Emmaline. She is beaming and bouncing everywhere she goes. She got high fives on the balance beam and I saw her do backward rolls. She also got to jump off a rope into the 'marshmallow pit'. She has 2 girls and 1 boy in her class! So it was a success for all!!When we got home we had a popsicle snack outside and realized we want to go back to gymnastics again! Also, the best thing that happened was them opening another class, so now we are going on Thursdays after MDO and won't be rushing or waking anyone up from naps!! YEA!! I think this is going to be great for them and their self confidence! {I will be getting better pics of the girls soon, didn't have my good camera}

No comments: