Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Disconnected

This week has been tough. I can't really put my finger on it exactly but I feel disconnected from my normal life. I am definitely not a perfectionist, but I don't like to feel unprepared for events/things that I have to do. For instance, in school, I didn't study much but I did when I felt unprepared. When I was forced to give a speech (which single-handedly determined my major in college) I would practice over and over again, in the mirror or with someone else if I was desperate, until I knew it by heart. Or at least I thought I did. There was 1 specific, awful memory of me my Sophomore year in highschool when we had to all give the same speech..I know Autumn will remember this..and I completely couldn't remember a thing. I had practiced but not really..I learned my lesson that day..it was embarrassing as my teacher seriously fed me each line. Maybe was it 'E tu, Brute'? Obviously I still don't know! HA!
Anyway, all that to say, I feel unprepared for all this house stuff as we are having our big photo shoot this Thursday and then the virtual tour on Friday. REALLY?? I have to take down all my Christmas stuff, including the tree..which is a real tree! Why did I even bother?!?
Honestly, the house looks good and Daniel and I keep remarking we should have done this 3 years ago. I even made this bold statement about how we should so clean & update the house like this every year. Daniel said, "You mean like Spring Cleaning, like normal people?" That IS what I meant! WOW!!
So, I am not sleeping well because my mind is racing. I haven't been to the gym in forever and I am so sick of Magic Erasers that I never want to feel one disintegrate in my hand again! There goes the whole Spring Cleaning idea! Don't even get me started on painting..I hate it, loathe it. The only painting I'll do again will have to do with my kids' art. Yeah right, we all know that tune will change, but for now I am so over it all.
I am going to the gym today and then I am going shopping for Christmas presents. Because you know, timing always seems to suck and while it's the most Wonderful Time of the year, it's also the craziest, busiest time of the year without adding in selling your house.
Thankfully, my parents took the dogs for us and they also took the kids for the weekend so we could get stuff done. We wouldn't have come close to getting it all done without them..I even got all the kids' Christmas stuff loaded up and sent to my parents so that is 1 thing off my list..THANK YOU!!
And I am sending out Christmas cards!! I couldn't help myself. They may arrive in 2012 but I can add it to my pwn collection and it really is all about me being happy, ya know! Not that you were questioning that after reading the 1st half of this post. Geez, I sound pitiful..
All I really wanted to do was have friends over, bake cookies and let all the kids decorate them with sprinkles and not care they are rolling all over the floor. And maybe drink some wine while we chat about New Year's Eve plans. But instead I'll be undecorating my tree and mantel while the kids are asleep in hopes they don't notice the next morning that Christmas died in San Antonio.
Seriously, we are so disconnected from our norm that we moved our TV to a new spot in our living room and Daniel and I neither care to plug it in, so it's just sitting there..maybe in 2012 we'll get that done!
And I so just wasted about 20 minutes writing this when I could have been scrubbing my baseboards. DARN!

1 comment:

Cristina said...

That stinks! Moving is hard, and on top of that right around Christmas. Hope its smooth sailing for your family after all your troubles, but remember you are making memories along the way.