Monday, February 13, 2012

My Funny Valentines

We went to library storytime today! It is something we have been attending since E was little, in all the places we have lived. It is fun and free and passes the time away! Of course, it's educational so that helps! Hayes and Georgie love glue...craft time at the library is a little crazy..between the scissors, crayons and glue (both bottle and sticks) the kids go nuts! Emmaline is the only one who really creates anything, where G glues it all together and then cuts it into tiny pieces. Hayes just runs around in circles with a crayon and glue stick, then I'll catch him ever so often rubbing it on his face! He will color for a few scribbles then slips it in his mouth for a taste, must not be that bad since he does it each time. Georgia is so cute with her books..she picks some out and gets very attached to them. She wants to sleep with them and have us read them, then she wants to read to us. She'll say, "Mom, what happened here?...Oh, yeah..." and continue on 'reading us the story'! My sticky little sweethearts!!
A funny side story..while at the library one of the stories read was about underwear on animals and it was a peek-a-boo book to learn colors...so the librarian announce the title and Emmaline says, "OOOH Mom, it's about underwear...you have on pink ones and I'm wearing purple! EEEEK!" {She gets so excited about things and can't contain herself} So each time the kids were asked to guess the color she would say, "You're wearing pink, I bet it's pink!" or "I love purple best; I hope it's purple!!" She was loud when she said all this. It was great! I am sure my face was pink (like my undies ;))

No comments: