Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Hayes Bryant is 3!!

My sweet boy is 3 years old! Hayes has changed so much over the summer. He definitely is a little boy now and there are no signs of toddler around. It's a good thing he is so cute because he is a mess!

He loves to eat breakfast. He is by far my pickiest eater though. He loves hotdogs, sausage, pizza, chicken nuggets. He also loves fruit, yogurt and cereal. People think Hayes and Georgia are twins all the time. He is closest with Emmaline and has a love/hate relationship with Georgia. Sidney as of now is an after thought to him. I think Hayes is a Momma's boy for sure, but he is so intrigued by everything Daddy does. He loves tools, things that make noise, destroying things and being outside. He is all boy!

Hayes is 35 pounds and 39 inches. He is in the 75th% and 85th% respectively. He put up a big fight at the dr. office. It was terrible and I was not impressed with him. Or maybe I was impressed with his stubbornness. It all started with the front desk asking to take his picture..he was not wanting that to happen. I think he is entering into the 'scared' phase. He knows something he doesn't like or is unfamiliar with is going to happen and he just makes his mind up to stop it. I have to give him props he did not want to give up. He was kicking and crying and flailing for the nurse. It was ridiculous. I had to get tough since the threats were not working. He got a small spanking and we discussed his behavior. Once he got it all out, he was fine. He was still a little shy once the dr. came in the room but at least he listened to her, obeyed her and let her check him out. He was smiling and laughing like nothing ever happened. The poor nurse was so nervous having to come back in the room and give him his shot. Afterwards, when he didn't make even a peep about the shot he got, she was like wow, I was expecting that to be a lot worse! And we went back to the front for them to remeasure him and take his picture too. He told the nurse thank you and we walked out smiling. What a little turkey!
Anyways, he is starting to be wild and crazy and act like a 'typical boy'...you know those boys who want to pretend fight and make noises with their mouths as they 'hi-ya' through the air...yeah, one of those boys! I think I am going to have to get real tough and mean business at all times with him for a while. He also is really into showing his muscles and shooting things. I do love his wild spirit but we need to harness that energy into good not evil!

Hayes says, "I want to go to 'we' house" instead of 'our' house. And he is sounding real country lately. He also loves the color blue and enunciates it, "Ba-Lue". Hayes gives the best and sweetest (and close to real life) kisses I get from any of my kids. He just wants to kiss and hug and talk about how much we love eachother. It's so funny and sweet! What a charmer!

I love you so much Hayes and smile whenever I think about you and your husky voice. You are intense, whether you are loving or fighting! Can't wait to see where you go in life! Always love you most, Mommy

No comments: