Saturday, September 7, 2013

annual hunting birthday bash

I kindof forgot about this post. I think because my used to be big deal, fun weekend at the beach to celebrate my babies' birthdays turned into a hunting weekend where the grandparents bring presents and stay at our house. No more beach, no more real celebration and kindof not as much fun..(sorry, but I am just being honest) The guys had fun hunting and got lots of dove. Friday my parents came in to watch the kids while Daniel and I went to McAllen to see Carrie Underwood with his coworkers. We had a driver and had lots of fun! Then Saturday, we had some birthday parties so I thought taking the kids would be a good time to give everyone a break from each other. I think I took them away for too long.. and the grandparents were annoyed. I don't know. The grandmas were able to play plenty of card games and watch sweet Sidney at the same time.
So I was really not looking forward to the birthday weekend like I had in past years. We broke tradition, I am an Aggie after all, and had the whole family stay at our house. There was room but it was tight. That's a whole lot of people and animals in one house for that long. We made it work and the kids loved it. All in all, it was a fun weekend, but I do miss the traditional beach weekend to end our summer. I mean, people were not even motivated to take pictures.

No comments: