Tuesday, September 3, 2013

home to Aggieland

We made it home to Aggieland for opening weekend. That wasn't truly our reasoning for going home but it made it even better. Daniel had plans to spend a day doing his fantasy football draft live with friends and also 'kill two birds with one shell' and go hunting with them on opening day of dove season. So we joined him on his drive and came to visit our favorite place.
It had been so long since we had gone out, much less for football season and to see my brothers and sisters-in-law so I was excited. Friday night we got in and hung out with Natalie and Preston and my parents after eating some Wings n More. It was so fun to see little Preston and watch his with his cousins. He is too cute and smiley. I think he will be walking before 10 months old.
Saturday Daniel and I got up and went to Panera to pick up some breakfast and drive around Aggieland while it wasn't crowded. We ended up going by Northgate and saw Josh, Jeffrey's friend, at the Corner Bar. He was all alone so I dropped off Daniel to keep him company before the early game. I head home and get the kids fed and cleaned up. We play some outside and I get dressed to meet Natalie and Rachel up at a new bar that just opened at Northgate.
I leave the kids with my mom and head to drop off the car for Daniel. He is supposed to leave but decides to stay for the 1st half of the Aggie game which started at 11 and I go to meet with the girls and try some fun drinks and apps. The problem I had was that we were drinking tequila and other hard alcohols at 11am..and I was supposed to be there all day. Not a good combination for this mama. I was done and ready for bed by 8pm..and probably well before then would have been fine too. The day was great..the Aggies played well and the atmosphere was so fun. It was nice to see so many people and we got to spend some adult time with family! On Sunday we met for my Dad's birthday and had brunch at Mi Cocina...a family favorite. Michael and Rachel finally got to meet Sidney and she was super sweet so I hope that didn't scare them anymore than they already are when they are around all 4 of our kids! HA!Daniel had left around 4am to meet with the guys and that was all we saw of his that day. It was a nice day to relax, nap and play with the kids. Monday was Labor Day and Emmaline was off school so we got to spend the night and hang out a bit longer. We took the kids out to dinner at Lupe Tortilla so they could play and the adults could chat. It was decent weather and fun to catch up. It was a great weekend and so fun to be back in Aggieland for another start to football. So glad to be there to celebrate my dad's birthday and I know Daniel loved spending time with his friends hunting and talking football.

No comments: