Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Daddy/Daughter weekend

Emmaline has had a big year of firsts and growth and change. She spent a daddy/daughter weekend with Daniel while me and the littles went to College Station. While we were away they did all sorts of fun things and it makes me think I need to leave more often!
I wanted Daniel to decide with Emmaline when the right time for her to get her ears pierced was. My dad did it with me and I think it's an appropriate thing for a father to do with his daughter...let's be honest..moms and daughters have plenty of others 'things' to experience together. So as soon as her soccer game was over, they headed to the mall, which that in and of itself is a miracle for Daniel since he hates the mall. Not only did they get her ears pierced and pick out 2 new pairs, but they went to Bath and Body Works and she got some body spray and lip gloss...yes, he completely spoiled her. She was so excited and said, 'it didn't hurt at all..not even a pinch!'
Oh and she scored in her soccer game so that is just icing on the cake!

Friday afternoon she and Daniel went to play golf at the club and ran into her friend Hadleigh and her dad and brother...so they played (or drove the carts) then had dinner at the club with them and Sam and Juliette joined in too. I guess Hunter was feeling nice and took Emmaline to spend the night with them. Daniel had a work function the next morning and then picked up Emmaline for breakfast.

Daniel did say Emmaline got a little bored being the 'only child' on Saturday and Sunday...eventhough they camped out in a tent in the living room, made cookies, watched movies, went to the movie theatre and he even bought her some things at Bass Pro. Daniel also set up BB gun stations where she went around the backyard and shot full Dr. Pepper cans that he had shook up...then they exploded everywhere. All in all, it was a fun and truly memorable weekend for them. And now I know I can leave my babies and feel fine knowing they are being spoiled and cared for!

No comments: