Thursday, November 21, 2013

Last home game for Johnny Football??

It was a huge weekend in college football for our teams. The Aggies were hosting the Mississippi State Bulldogs and Alabama was playing those LSU tigers. While my family was going to be in Tuscaloosa for the Bama game, I was heading to CS for a special wedding shower for one of my oldest friends, Christian and her fiancé Brenton. I talked to my dad a few times the week prior and just mentioned that hey, if he happened to come across a few tickets I wouldn't be opposed to going to the game. You see, it was the LAST home game of the season. It was probably the last home game of our Heisman winner and quarterback Johnny Manziel and it was the LAST game in the old Kyle Field..before all the demolition begins for the building of the new and amazing stadium. So everything I remember from my college days would be gone after this night..and I have already seen video of the demolished student section...it's gone.


So when my dad called and told me he had found 2 tickets to the game and if I was interested I was so excited and said YES...I thought I may be able to talk Daniel into coming in town, but he just had too much to do with work and play. I asked Carrie if she would go with me. She said yes and we were set! I was able to get in town earlier Friday than usual since E was staying with Daniel.
Our Friday evening started with a fun visit at my parents from Natalie and little Preston. He is so cute and happy! We loved getting to watch them 'play' together and actually interact. They would just stare and Sidney really wanted to pull his hair! Me and Natalie caught up and enjoyed watching those babies play together. It is crazy that they are so big and mobile now! After Nat and PT left I had to go grocery shopping for the shower the next morning. So at 10:30pm I hit the Kroger then head over to Autumn's house to drop a bunch of tables and chairs off. We talk and I wished I had more time to hang out.
Knowing that the next day would be crazy, I head home to start cooking. I was in charge of the quiche, casserole and other meaty items for the shower. I only got a little into cooking before I realized I was too tired, still needed to shower and didn't have the energy after driving all day...so I slept!

6:30am rolls around and I'm up and at 'em cooking, mixing, baking 5 different dishes. I rush through the morning and head over to Autumn's house to have fun at the wedding shower. Grandma was coming to my parents to help with the kids and so Mom could bring Georgia to the shower for a little while. The turn out was great for the shower, we played games, ate lots of food and it was so good to see Christian and meet her fiancé, Brenton. Georgia and my mom came and she was so cute and sweet walking in and saying hi to a room full of people. I was so proud of her and she was so excited to see Tristin and get to go upstairs and play with her!
It rained all morning and was chilly and dreary...I thought, go figure for the one game we get to go to...BUT after a little while it was perfect weather for football...just the right mix of cold and warm..sun and a breeze! So thankful for this fun day, getting to spend it with my best friend and that the kids were having fun!
We ended our Saturday night at Carney's Pub. We had a few friends join us and me, Pauline and Carrie had fun rehashing old stories! We watched the Tide roll over LSU and we may have drove through Taco Cabana that night too.
So it was a great night for the Aggies...Johnny Manziel made a small case for his Heisman trophy and Kyle field never looked so good! We even got to see the Fighting Texas Aggie Band do the 4-way cross through...and it was awesome as usual! What a fun way to end the season at home for us!
Thanks Dad and Mom!!

No comments: