Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thanksgiving gave us a stomach bug

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year. We decided to go to my parent's house to be with family and friends instead of staying home or going to Mississippi. Me and the kids left early Saturday morning to head to San Antonio to be with Leslie, Ainsley, Britton and Cambrie. We had lots of fun even though the weather was terrible. It was too cold and rainy to really go outside much less anywhere. Leslie's neighbor, Kris, gave all the kids a haircut and Sidney and Cambrie played some Twister. We got a little stir crazy but the kids had so much fun playing with each other and me and Leslie got to catch up too. We also went and saw the new Catching Fire movie from Hunger Games. It was really good and lots of fun getting away from the kids, eating Thai food and seeing an adult movie!
Before I left San Antonio, me and the kids met Lisa and Anna at Chick-Fil-A for a few hours. It was wonderful getting to see them and chat and so priceless to see the girls' faces after not seeing each other for so long! I sure do miss my SA friends but love getting to see them and stay connected as best we can!
Me and the kids finally get to CS on Monday afternoon and go to dinner with my parents and Aunt Jennie. Poor Georgia started not feeling well at dinner and it all just went downhill from there.
She threw up seconds after walking out of Los Cucos and it continued almost every hour through the night. She was a rockstar...if you can be a rockstar while puking...she would get out of bed (sharing a room with Emmaline because she chose to) get to the toilet, throw up, pull a few sheets of toilet paper off and wipe her mouth and flush it all down. I was so impressed and so tired..I tried to get up each time she did but she just was so matter of fact about it all. There were no tears and she would just walk back to bed and go to sleep. The next day she seemed to feel better, weak but better. We didn't let her eat much except some crackers and Gatorade. By the end of the day she was fine if not a little tired.
While she was in bed that day, we took Aunt Jennie to lunch at Coco Loco, me and my dad's personal favorite. Now Hayes was not wanting to eat a thing, he just wanted gum and Lemonade. We forced him to eat some tortillas and queso and chicken strips. And during his nap a little later, he threw up everywhere in the bed..and on me..since I was napping with him! Oh fun. I will say he was not as "rockstarish" as Georgia about it. But it seemed after that, he was fine. He slept for a long nap and woke up..we wouldn't let him eat and gave him Gatorade and he only threw up once more a few hours later. He was great the next day.
Well wouldn't you know, Natalie, Preston and Rachel were set to come over that night to hang out. I had to tell her what had been going on. They still came over. Within an hour or so of them being there I started to feel sick. I was not a rockstar either and was in the fetal position trying to sleep it off. It was ugly and what was uglier was that it just kept hitting people. Poor Preston, my mom, I think Sidney got a little of it, my dad, Daniel, my brother (though he never he made it to the house), Brett and he passed to his family. I also talked to Leslie and her daughter was sick too. Ugh.. It sure made Thanksgiving dinner not so important or appetizing. I did eat but not much, which is so unlike me. The good news....the bug only lasted 12 hours..the bad news is it was rough. The other bad (so sad) news was that we had to watch Bama then the Aggies, on the same day, lose their games. Bummer for real. One night we took the kids to look at Christmas lights. We thought about Santa's Wonderland but didn't want to fight the traffic so we did good ol' Central Park. The lights seem to be the same as they have for years and the kids loved the little houses they have and the big Christmas tree to spin under!
One of the last days I was there me and the older girls went to dinner with Autumn and Campbell..just a girls' night. It was fun and good to see them. I also took the girls to the mall one afternoon and we got a little carried away in Claire's..Emmaline had to get her ears repierced...(they fell out on the way to SA and it was semi-traumatic)..and we bought lotions and body sprays and fake glasses and rings. OH MY! It was fun and I have now gotten a dose of what shopping with my girls will be like in years to come! - fun but expensive and a little sassy with lots of opinions!
We did manage to squeeze in a quick photoshoot for our Christmas cards. Natalie took the ones of our family in my parent's back yard and I am glad she got us all looking at the camera. We spent lots of time at the park since the weather was so nice! My mom found me a bike at a garage sale so that I can ride around with the kids. It had been a long time since I rode one and I was a bit shaky! We decided to take Ally, my parents' yellow lab, back with us so we could have a fun playmate and dog that likes to fetch. The kids will really enjoy her and I think she will like the attention and the pool!

No comments: