Wednesday, May 20, 2009

dog-gone-it

Dixie and Gauge have been quite expensive lately.. Dixie racking up an over $500 weekend hospital bill in January. And Gauge now has some tick blood disease and double ear infections, along with their annual shots and tests..we paid $360 this week. Then we had to order their monthly heartworm/tick/flea medicines and that was $150. Gauge (black dad), Dixie (choc. mom), Maggie (choc. daughter) & Ally (yellow random) - the last two are my parents' dogs , NOT ours
WOW..so far these dogs are more expensive than my 2 girls!!
Not that I am complaining about that, honestly I would rather have to deal with sick dogs than babies!!
OH and this makes me laugh..the vet wants Dixie to have her 9 year old teeth cleaned..I understand the importance of this, but I haven't been to the dentist in longer than I care to admit, and Emma hasn't been ever..I am dreading that :{
So Dixie's teeth will have to wait, as they would have to put her to sleep..HAHAGauge, Maggie & Ally

Georgia has NEVER been sick!! I know, I know..I just knocked on wood..
She does has eczema on her face, but that doesn't seem to be much of an issue other than a little itchy and more than anything, cosmetic.

We were waiting for Daddy to get home with the dogs from the vet and we had a big dog bone Emma was holding for them. I was walking the girls in the stroller and not really watching until I asked Emma something and her mouth was full and spitting out crumbs..this is what I saw..GROSS.

I asked her, "Why are you eating the bone?", she answered, "It's dood!" she has a hard time with her 'G' sound and replaces it with a 'D'..Gauge is "Day" in Emma's world! I said "what does it taste like?"..."DOOD!"..crunch and Georgia wanted some too!and for those of you wondering, Dixie and Gauge never got their bone! BONE-APPETIT!

No comments: