Friday, May 8, 2009

Firsts

So this week we had some fun firsts..
-Georgia said "Dada"! YEA!! It was clear as a bell and so sweet..she is quite the talker and loves to interact and interject with a squeal or hearty laugh (with a jiggle of her little Michelin arms too), of course! If Emma will let her get a word in edge wise I think she will be talking more soon.
-She eats with a spoon..I place it strategically in front of her face and she grabs it and quickly crams it in her mouth! Food everywhere! So I am sure baby food will be soon forgotten and we will be moving on to big people food! She loves most anything, though..especially green things
-She crawls on her own now, though not real good still.
-Emma locked me out of the house..I actually remember saying "one day she will probably lock me out of the house" as I walked away and closed the door..came back 2 seconds later and great!!! "Emma, please let me in..Mommy needs to come inside..Open the lock, PLEASE!" She did thankfully..that could have been ugly.
-We had 2 playdates and a dinner date. Get along really well with the people and kids and most of them are Aggies!! One 2 yr old girl is named Georgia!! Fun.. she is potty trained so I hope she can help win Emma over in this department. It is so nice to be back in the real world with real friends and things to do!! Can I get an AMEN?!
-Emma actually asked "Mommy, I want to leave." for the first time as we were out at a BBQ restaurant and free country music concert..it was after 9, though!
-I changed Georgia's diaper in a flowerbed at said BBQ restaurant in front of a lot of people..I had her balanced on the diaper bag.. desperate times...
-Emma, no matter where she is, squats and grunts loudly with her face turning red and watery eyes and proclaims.."Mama, I go potty!" - as if I couldn't tell.. she did this at Kohls, and she had to suffer because I was not leaving til I was done shopping for a gift, we had JUST gotten there..and then she did it on our walk, like a dog, in our neighbors yard, she just squatted..mind you, she has a diaper and clothes on, so nothing is coming out..and does her biz-nas. I can only imagine what people were thinking as they drove by..
I think that is hilarious mainly because it embarrasses Daniel! HA!
-Gauge puked in a toy basket. Hey, it was better than the carpet! GROSS! Don't you want to come over and play?!?

Going to garage sales with mom tomorrow as Daniel is in MS and then to a baby shower..so soon! I know you are dying to see more of the same!
Oh, and HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!! I made my mom a mosaic cross..with a pic of the girls on it..she loved it...now, I want to make myself one!! FUN! Did I mention how horrible and not so much fun it was to make these pottery gifts..the girls are way too young..not that I didn't know that, but I underestimated the whole thing..it is time consuming..they have a ladies night, where you can bring wine..I want to go then, when I can relax and take my time and not worry about my daughter eating the orange paint and brush! Ah, Memories!!

No comments: