Thursday, October 29, 2009

countin' my blessings

So I was just thinkin'..

While I am on my computer, Daniel will ask, "Who's that a picture of?" or "Do you know that person's blog?"..I will say No, I don't know..."Then why are you reading it?"

Good question..it is strange..I never thought I would read someones blog (on a regular basis) when I have no idea who they are, don't know their children, their husbands, where they live, etc..

But I find myself engrossed into their stories and their lives..I find these amazing stories, these amazing, strong women, mothers and wives, and I wonder how they carry along with smiles and their lives.

I guess I find it uplifting to read about someone who gives God the glory for even the worst case scenarios in a person's life. The death of a baby, cancer, divorce, sickness, you name it, it is out there..it IS sad and scary, but I do find that it keeps me grounded and keeps me closer to God, counting my blessings more often than I would if I watched soap operas all day long instead of blogging.

So maybe I am trying to justify my time spent on blogging, but I am also wanting to remember why I like to do it, too!

I randomly found this blog and read this entry..I really like the way she put things into perspective..and NO, I don't know her..but believe me..I will be counting my blessings :)

http://fourgirlsonegod.blogspot.com/2009/10/just-countin-blessings.html

(you will have to copy and paste cause I couldn't get it to work right)

No comments: