Thursday, September 16, 2010

Little Brother

Hayes has been with us now for 6 days and we are so in love. He is such a great baby and I am not taking that for granted. He loves to sleep..he loves his paci..he eats well and tolerates his sisters pushing and pulling on him! So, we will keep him!
He went to the dr. for his check up and looks great. He is healing from his circumcision which Daniel and I completely didn't even think about until questioned at the hospital.
He is such a typical boy. He already makes all kinds of noises and grunts. He is hairy all over and even looks like he has a little boy hair cut. I guess that doesn't really sound cute, but it is..biased a little, maybe!He has slept for a 5 hour time span at night and then went back to sleep after eating. I don't want to jinx it, but I hope it continues. At least last night, he didn't sleep as long, but was up to eat for 30 minutes and then went back to sleep in the bassinet for 3 more hours. There has been no crying and screaming jags of time, except for the 1st night home, but I think that was because my milk was not in yet. Who could blame the hungry guy?!He does have dimples, not sure how pronouced they will be, but you can definitely see them when he makes certain faces. That gives me joy because he looks so much like Daniel that at least he got something from me!!He also has big hands! It is hilarious. He holds his paci and takes it out of his mouth or holds it in. He also throws it sometimes. He likes his hands by his face. It reminds me of a puppy dog with huge paws that you know is going to be big when he grows up!
Finally, he is so easily soothed so far. If you pick him up he usually stops squirming, or his paci works or feed him. I know a lot of babies are like that, but neither of my girls were like that. I am so hoping this is a foreshadowing of his personality and he is mellow and sweet..he is going to have to be with his crazy sisters trying to run the show! Really, they are doing wonderful with him, but you can tell they are wound up from all the company and excitement surrounding them. There has been no biting or hitting or meanness towards Hayes from them..now towards eachother is a different story.
Ok, enough of an update about Hayes Bryant! We love him and he seems to fit perfectly into our family. I am so glad he is finally here!

2 comments:

TheBossLady said...

So so adorable! He looks so delicious! And Erica you look great :)

Rhonda said...

He is SO CUTE!!! And yes...little boys are BOYS from the very beginning! Sweaty, clammy hands and all :)