Monday, January 3, 2011

Many Christmases - Gulfport

We arrived 10 hours later in Louin, MS to my dad and a little Christmas tree all decorated with a few presents underneath for each of us. It was nice to be home. The home where our little family began. I am not going to lie that going there is not always my favorite thing..you see, there is not really anything else to do there unless you are outside. It is hard with 2 young children, a house that is not child-proofed and really cold weather. So we were forced to spend lots of time indoors doing randome activities or just trying to survive and not get windburn outside. It is always fun, though, and we leave with lots of memories. It is good to see our old family and friends there. I do think the winter is not the best time to go there, though. So, with all that being said, the kids and I loaded up the next morning and headed to Gulfport to see my aunt for a few days. We left the boys to hunt and enjoy their time but opted for a town with restaurants and stuff to do!
We went to a Children's museumGulfport Children's museum- it is really one of the best I have been to!



We had to hit up the beach..it was a bit blustery! my aunt's school, ate po-boys, got icecream and even made an impromptu trip to an Urgent Care for Emmaline.We had a good time and Emmaline got some medicine and felt better by Christmas Eve. The gifts from Aunt Jennie!Hayes and me got boots with the fur!The girls were wild and woke up every morning at 5:45. I don't know what was going on, but that does not fly for me. We did take good naps each day, so that made up for it!

No comments: